「seven」

The cloud gave way to the sun starting to peek up and formed the horizon. Sunlight filled the clear sky, pure scattered light zealously illuminating the whole place. Soft rays crossed through the tapered spaces of the window blinds, traveling to a velvet cashmere blanket sheltering a small figure lounged sleigh bed. The presence of daylight brought warmth to a new day. 

Jisoo groaned whilst stretching out her arms as she sat up straight and squinted one eye. Unconsciously, she let out an enthusiastic smile, scratching the back of her neck. A thunderous ringing of her phone echoed against the walls of the room. "Aish!" she scowled.

It seemed often, of how she gets interrupted in everything she does because of a call ━ either an urgent one or pure nonsense. She'd mute her phone the next time she'll get another gibberish call. That way she wouldn't get disturbed.

"JISOO!" a vexed, furious voice resounded upon placing the phone on her right ear and answering.

She kept the phone distant as she glanced at its screen. Pouting, she recognized the caller id. It was Lisa who's calling. And that girl was dropping down her honorifics. Her pointing finger clicked on the loud speaker mode. "Yah! Lisa-ssi, who do you think you are to not to call me your unnie? After all I have done for you."

"Jisoo-unnie..." her voice softened and sounded like of a four-year-old girl. It was nearly her usual voice yet more irritating to her. "Just asking, where were you last night?! I called you several times-"

"I was at... a b-ba... the mall!" she tried to stop herself from stuttering. Lisa knew her too well that even if she attempts to lie, the truth always reside. After all she's her childhood best friend. 

"Late night shopping? Seriously, Jisoo?" Lisa interrogated, disbelieving the suspicious explanation of her friend. "You can't fake it, unnie." 

Sighing in defeat, Jisoo rolled her eyes and ended up telling everything to her, including the messaging and encounters. Although the scene was absurd yet very clear in her mind, she was dubious about putting the story in the picture. Her head ached, causing her to flinch and close her eyes in pain. It only lasted for a couple of minutes. Realization hit her; she has been feeling headaches lately. But she shouldn't mind at all. Right?

"What? You two kissed!" Lisa exclaimed, surprise was evident in her voice. It was ear-piercing, nearly penetrating the insides of her ear. "And it wasn't a peck but a kiss, unnie!"

"Tch. What's the difference anyway?" she asked as curiosity invaded her. Jisoo knew nothing about kiss or any dating-related stuff which made her quite innocent. 

"I don't know!" Jisoo's eyes narrowed at Lisa's denial as several thoughts of her might have experienced such romantic things before. She wouldn't know, for they have been separated for a long time. 

Lisa, being her best friend who knows her a lot, scowled in counter. She could feel the sharp stares through a call even though they were miles apart. "Unnie, I really don't know! Stop giving me that look." 

"Yah, Lisa! I did not. Once I find out, you're-" She was cut off when Lisa let out an agitated reminder that caused her to jump out of her nest and into the bathroom.

How could she forget? She has classes to attend, and she was almost late.

"Class dismissed." 

Students rejoiced after the teacher made his way out of the classroom. They began chatting, playing around, and going out which they usually do when class period ends. Yet it was otherwise to Jisoo who was gloomily perched on her chair, not moving a single thing and staring blankly on her phone.

Nayeon came to notice it. She grew more worried, because of seeing her friend unmoved and not herself since morning. Sighing in defeat, she approached her quickly. "Kim Jisoo! What are you doing?"

'Yah Jisoo! Are you expecting another message from him now that you already met him last night?' Jisoo frowned in dismay.

Her friend inched toward the desk and gaped at her phone. With wide yes, she exclaimed, "are you dating someone now?"

Jisoo quickly acted to her impulse and kept her phone away. "W-what are you saying? Of course not! Why w-would I d-date? You know I am not into r-relationships..." she denied as she 

Pulled out of her deep nonsense thoughts, Jisoo lifted her her head up upon hearing Nayeon's roar. "Aren't you hungry?" Nayeon asked but was responded with a slight shake of head in refusal. "Is something bothering you, Jisoo? You're obviously not okay to me."

Again, she shook her head and assured her that she was as fine as before. Nayeon sneered, "stop being like that. You're coming with me." She grabbed her arm and suddenly pulled Jisoo off her seat and out of the room. 

Meanwhile, Jisoo, in her hastened steps, had herself in thoughts. She would agree that even herself observed her sudden changes. Being quiet the whole day wasn't the usual Jisoo. 

Looking forward, they were getting close to a vacant table. She did not noticed that they had already reached the cafeteria in just a few minute walk. A huge cafeteria filled with students in their respective cliques doing unruly things greeted them. It was same old environment. 

Nayeon turned to her with a wide smile plastered on her face. "Junmyeon's waiting. Let's go," she said and excitedly pulled her towards a table surrounded with unfamiliar faces. One of them were seated on the table and looking intently at Jisoo.

What is he staring at? She thought. Once they had come near, Junmyeon spread his arms as Nayeon threw herself into him and planted a kiss on his cheeks. Watching the scene before her, Jisoo cringed and shrugged her shoulders. "Hey, Jisoo!" Junmyeon waved at her. "Guys, she's Kim Jisoo. Don't scare her, and Jisoo, be comfortable." 

Jisoo smiled, although awkwardness and tension was starting to get visible on her face. At the time that she was going to take a seat, the guy, who kept on gawking earlier, draw nearer to her with a wide grin from ear to ear. With pleasure, he stood, kicked out someone off his seat, and offered it to Jisoo.

Ignoring the nice gesture, she sat on an unoccupied seat next to her best friend's. Anyhow the guy was impressed and grew more interested in her. 

He gripped the edges of the canteen table before flopping down himself. "You're Kim Jisoo?" Yet he received another cold shoulder. Pursing his lips, he beamed and introduced, "I'm Jinyoung."

"...prepare to be in love."

--

Note from chi,

I apologize for the sudden introduction of another new character.