3

John and Bridget walked around the airport almost aimlessly, swinging their intertwined hands. Her head made it up to above his shoulder, even with her heeled boots, and about three of her hands could fit in just one of his. Freckles were splattered across the bridge of her nose, her hair was long and looked soft and flowed down to the middle of her back. She was wearing a beige trench coat that stopped above her knees, and she wore a black dress and scarf underneath.

Bridget was absolutely lovely, and John would let her walk ahead of him so he could just admire the way she moved. She was graceful and conducted herself like a pageant queen. Her attitude was sweet and playful and everything seemed to be interesting to her.

She looked over her shoulder and back at John. "Does your sister look like you?"

Dazed, he took a second to formulate his answer. "She, um, Delilah's hair is a little lighter brown, she is about as tall as you are in those boots, her nose slopes a little more than mine..."

"How old is she?"

"21. She just had her birthday in October." John reached into his pocket and handed Bridget a necklace box. They stopped walking and she let go of his hand and opened the box. "That's her gift. I couldn't make it out to see her, so I thought I'd give it to her today."

Bridget smiled at the necklace, and then up at John. "That's so sweet of you."

"Nah, it's just what's right." John smiled and shrugged, looking down. Bridget handed him the box back and tilted his chin up.

"She's so lucky to have a brother like you." She looked into his eyes and smiled, a blush spreading over the apples of both of their cheeks.

Sure, she had to crane her neck to meet his gaze, but their propinquity was enough to give them both chills. Between the light feel of her finger against his chin and the daisy aroma that radiated off of her, John really felt like he was falling in love.

He couldn't bare it any longer, he broke the gaze and shoved the box back into his pocket. "Nah, I've been a git to her, really."

"Is that her?" Bridget pointed out a girl who fit his description of his little sister. She was sitting in a chair by the bathroom, reading a book with her legs crossed at her ankles. Her hair was wind swept beneath a knitted hat.

"Yeah, god, that's Delilah." John smiled and sniffled a little bit. He hadn't seen his little sister in years, and damn, she grew up.

"Well, I ought to go catch my flight," Bridget smiled, but it looked forced. "I'd love to see the reunion, but I haven't got time a-"

"Wait," John grabbed her arms at her elbows and looked into her eyes, biting his lip. "When am I gonna see you again?"

Bridget shrugged and looked down. "I don't know."

"Hey, hey..." He cooed and pressed his forehead against hers. "Don't leave me yet."

"John..."

"How long will you be in Vienna?"

Bridget looked into his eyes and did some calculation in her head. "Five days."

"I'll come find you." He smiled and rubbed her cheek. "I'll take Delilah for her birthday, and I will find you. Promise."

"We only just met John, why are you taking this so seriously?" Bridget giggled and leaned into his touch, shutting her eyes.

"I just have a feeling, trust me." He smiled and kissed her nose. Her eyes fluttered open and she nodded, brushing hair off his forehead and out of his eyes.

"Okay," she whispered, smiling and grabbing his hands. "Come find me, Lennon."

"You bet your cute little but I will."