8

John turned the knob, opening and holding the door open for Lila. She shook her head vigorously and pushed John ahead of her, wanting to make him walk in first.

They went back and forth like that for a few minutes until a deep voice almost shouted at them, "just bloody come in already, yer wastin' all the heat!"

Lila and John looked at each other wide eyed and John took the first step over the threshold, his sister following close behind. She shut the door behind her and looked around.

John encouraged her to walk into the rest of the room and she slowly obliged, taking slow steps and grabbing his hand again.

In front of them where two boys. One had humongous blue eyes and was huddled up in a ton of blankets, shivering. Lila guess that he was the one who yelled. The other one seemed content and smiled up at them.

"Hey John, is this the little lady?" The happy one stood up and reached out his hand to her. "My name is George, hi."

Lila smiled shyly and shook his hand. He seemed to be about her age. "Hey, I'm Lila."

"The grouch over there is Ringo," John spoke softly and chuckled to himself before slightly raising his voice. "Hey Rings, get up off yer ass and say hello to me sister!"

"Is he always this grumpy?" Lila whispered as all three of them watched Ringo trudge over to them and stick out his hand quickly.

"Hi," he mumbled.

"Hello," Lila giggled and shook his hand. "I hope you feel better."

"Thanks," he looked at her and shrugged a little, "and to answer your question, I'm only like this when I'm sick."

Lila giggled even more and nodded.

"Well maybe you wouldnt be sick if you weren't out kissing that bird all night in the cold," George smirked and crossed his arms over his chest.

"You didn't even get to shag, did ye, Rings?" John laughed and propped himself on a chair.

"Hey, you assholes leave her out of this." Ringo huffed, covering his reddening face with his blanket. "And don't call her 'that bird', and don't you dare talk about shagging her, ya hear?"

"You really like her, don't you Ringo?" George smirked and looked over at John and Lila. "I think our boy has got it bad."

Lila giggled and looked down at her feet, sighing softly. "I get to live with this for months?"

"What, you don't like our little circus?" George said, faking hurt.

"No, its not that I don't enjoy this," she smiled and sat down next to Ringo. "I thought there was four of you total, I'm not sure if I can handle another one."

"Yeah, where is our Paulie?"

Lila perked up when she heard his name. It can't be the same Paul, can it?

"He went out for a smoke a half hour ago," Ringo muttered, curling up into a ball and coughing.

Lila felt like she was gonna be sick, too.

"Paul?" She asked hesitantly, looking up at George and John.

"Yeah Delilah, are you okay? You seem worried," John knealed besides her and raised his eyebrows at her.

George couldn't help but laugh when he called her by her full name. "Your real name is Delilah? Isn't she one of the worst women in the Bible?"

John chuckled lightheartedly and nodded. "Yeah, but this one wouldn't hurt a fly." He smiled and stood back up. "You haven't answered me yet."

"I'm fine, John." She smiled small and leaned back onto the couch, looking for a distraction. She looked at Ringo and found one. "How long have you and your girlfriend been together, Ringo?"

She saw a little smile slide onto his face. "About a month now, I'd reckon." Ringo sat up and rubbed his eyes. "She's kinda young, like you. But she's a wonderful girl. I enjoy being with her."

"That's more than he could say about the last one," John chuckled and looked at George. "Remember that one time when she told him to quit drumming?"

"Or when she broke half of his records?" George bit his lip hard to contain a huge laugh.

"Or when she said his nose wa-"

"Guys, that's enough," Ringo groaned, burying his head in his hands. Lila bit her lip and rubbed his back softly. She felt bad for the poor bloke.

"Remember when she wouldn't let him get a dog?" George and John bantered about this crazy girl for a while, laughing nearly to the point of tears.

"I'm sorry," Lila whispered, "my brother can be a real dick sometimes."

"Its really okay." Ringo replied, sitting up straight and looking at her. "She was a nut, I'm not sure why I even stayed with her."

Lila nodded and the other boy's nonsense tapered off as the door opened. A tall, droopy eyed man, the same one from earlier, walked in.

Oh no, no no no no.

"Are we talking about Sarah?" He smirked, setting down a plastic bag and taking his jacket off.

"Yeah, we were." John smiled, grabbing the man's, Paul's shoulder. "Hey Lila, come meet Paul."

Lila looked over at him and bit her lip, sighing softly. "I already have, and I'd rather not do it again, please."