13

The airport was more busy the day Lila went back than it was when she first landed. She had brought Paul with her, hoping that he could sweet talk his way into finding some sort of passenger records. George tagged along, too, because he wanted to spend time with Lila, even if it meant having to hang around Paul.

When they first walked in, Lila was in between the two boys, and that's how it stayed for most of their expedition. Paul would occasionally grab onto her wrist to make sure he didn't lose her within the hoards of people they would soon encounter. He was still too chicken to just hold her damn hand.

The playfully confident and borderline arrogant personality Paul showed her when they first met soon disappeared as he spend more time with Lila. She was an intimidating human being, and he knew it wouldn't be of any use trying to be someone he wasn't. He was digressed back to a middle schooler when she was involved, blushing and grinning and still afraid to really make a move. Not that she minded, she thought he was the cutest little boy in the world, even though he was almost 23.

Paul smiled at her and George as they walked up to the main desk by the enterence. "Now you two kids stay here. Daddy'll be right back!" He joked.

"Okay dad!" They both replied, Lila's sing songy and George's more of a groan.

"Yanno, he's not even a year older than us," George huffed under his breath as they moved to sit on a bench.

"He likes pretending he's older, Lila smiled, leaning into his side playfully, "just let him have his fun."

He looked down at her and smiled small. "Yer so pretty, Lila."

"God, I look like John," she laughed, her cheeks turning red.

"Fine, yer a pretty John."

George looked down at her adoringly, his hands folded but slightly fidgeting in his lap. She bit the inside of her cheeks, realizing the true weight of what he had just said to her.

"Did John ever tell you about the time he chipped my tooth?" Lila asked softly, trying to change the subject.

George shook his head, his gaze shifting to her mouth, and she saw the mistake she made. She turned her head away from him and took in a deep breath, shutting her eyes.

"Geo... I-"

Before she could say anymore, Paul came back over, obviously annoyed. "So we have to go to the third floor on the business wing and 'maybe they can help us up there'." He said, mocking the girl behind the desk.

Lila stood up quickly and laid her hands on his biceps, "I'm sorry Paul."

"No, its fine," he said, soft spoken, patting her back, "let's just head up, yeah?"

"Yeah." George nodded, getting up to follow them as they looked for an elevator. Once they found one, they all piled in with some other travellers and headed up.

The ride was awkward. Lia was pressed up against a wall, Paul behind her, her back against his stomach. He bit his lip and buried his nose into the back of her head and shutting his eyes, wishing that they were in private. Her hands reached back to grab his, and a little smile graced both of their faces.

The doors couldn't have opened soon enough. Lila ran out as soon as they did, pulling Paul behind her. George was the last one out of the elevator, trudging behind everyone else.

Paul led them over to the business desk and wasted no time. "Can you tell us the names of people who flew in and out of here on a certain date?"

The woman looked up from her desk and instantly grinned, leaning forward slightly. "I can see, but that's a bit of a strange request, doll."

"We're trying to track down the girl of me mate's dreams."

"Oh, you're such a good friend," she said flirtatiously, batting her eyelashes, "you deserve a reward. What day was it?"

Taken aback, Paul suddenly smirked, throwing his arm around Lila's shoulders and pulling her into his side. "What day did your flight come in, darling?" He cooed, leaning down and kissing her nose. George rolled his eyes and took half a step away.

"The 12th of December." Lila giggled, leaning into him.

The woman behind the desk huffed, dramatically pulling out the drawer of a filing cabinet and grabbing a folder. "What flight?"

Lila leaned forward on the desk, "I'm not sure. But I can give you an approximate time and place." The woman raised her eyebrows at Lila, waving her hand to encourage her to continue. "Oh- um to Vienna, around 3 pm."

The woman nodded and took out a sheet of paper from the folder. "Name?"

"Bridget." All three said simultaneously.

"We don't know the last name, that's why we're here." Lila piped up quickly.

The woman nodded as her eyes scanned down the page, stopping about halfway down. "Bridget Mortimer."

"Oh that's great!" Lila cheered, bouncing up and down, "that's so wonderful!"

"D-do you have any other information?" Paul chuckled and patted Lila's shoulder, "calm down, love."

Lila blushed and stopped bouncing, but squealed and grabbed George's arm. "Did you hear that, Geo? We found her!" He smiled at her and nodded, but before he could say anything, the woman answered Paul's question.

"No, sorry," she said, clearly not amused.

"Oh, that's alright," Lila smiled, "thank you so much!"

"Yes, thank you!" Paul grinned and hugged Lila close. They both were laughing.

"Thank you, m'am." George said softly, grabbing Paul's sleeve and pulling him back towards the elevator.