Chapter 1

It was a Friday night, and like always, Addison and Bree were hanging out at Addison's house , and as usual, they were discussing the weeks events, such as homework, how lame their teachers were, their plans for the weekend and their boyfriends. Mostly their boyfriends. Both girls were in Addison's bedroom, Addison was sitting at the front of her bed while Bree sat on the chair near Addison's desk.

"You should have seen what Bonzo made for me a couple days ago" Bree suddenly exclaimed cheerfully.

Addison gasped "What?"

"He painted me the sweetest mural ever on the walls of the abandoned power plant, you know, the one where we went for that zombie mash a couple days ago, it was supposed to be me and him surrounded with love hearts, beautiful flowers of all kinds, which is amazing considering he only saw these flowers a short while ago, and us holding each other so tenderly it could have almost passed for the real thing. It looked amazing, he's amazing" Bree explained dreamily.

"Awwwww, that's so sweet, sometimes I feel bad that I don't get Zed anything, but whenever I do or insist that I should, he just says that being able to hold me, be with me and kiss me, is enough of a gift for him." Addison replied solemnly but contently.

"That's so beautiful" Bree squeaked, nearly in tears. "Promise me you will never break up with him Addie please, you two are just so perfect together, I don't think I'd be able to take it" she said as she ran over to the bed and practically tackled Addison down into a hug.

"I would never!" Addison replied "He's the perfect guy, he's honest and sweet and... I think he's the one". This only seemed to make Bree worse and she tightened her grip on Addison and was nearly on the verge of full on sobbing.

"Okay, okay" Addison said as she loosened the girl's arms around her "I have to quickly use the bathroom, unless you'd like to come as well" Addison laughed

Bree giggled as both her and Addison sat up "Yeah, even though we're besties, we will never be that close" she joked as they both burst out laughing.

However, as Addison got up off her bed and walked the short distance to the ensuite, she felt almost uneasy on her feet as her head suddenly felt almost as light as a feather and her vision seemed to glaze over slightly.

Bree seemed to notice her bestie teeter slightly. Due to being one of the best cheerleaders at Seabrook High, this was extremely  unusual for Addison to be unstable on her feet. "Hey Addie, are you okay?" Bree quickly asked her.

"Yeah, I'm fine I think" Addison replied. She stood for only a few seconds and the spell seemed to pass almost as quickly as it had struck. "Must have just been something I ate.

"I told you not to try the cafeterias' 'Mystery Meatloaf'! Last time I had it I was puking for a week!" Bree exclaimed as both girls fell right back into their previous fit of giggles and laughter as Addison entered her bathroom.

As Addison came out of the bathroom, she and Bree suddenly heard a knock at the door, which seemed unusual as no one came round to their house on Friday. Maybe they'd left something at school?

Addison peered out of her bedroom window facing the house's front porch. The figure who had knocked at the door was wearing cool, punk clothes made from old government issued uniforms and had their out of control, frizzy hair up in a ponytail. Addison recognised her instantly as she entered the house.

"Addison, Eliza's here to see you!" Addison's' mother, Missy, called from the bottom of the stairs. Addison and Bree were ecstatic, if there was one person they loved to hag out with as much as each other, it was Eliza.

As Addison made her way to the door, Eliza burst through the bedroom door and slammed it swiftly behind her. Addison and Bree immediately knew something was up. She looked pale, paler than usual. One of their best friends, who everyone knew to be cool and collected was now pacing back and forth in Addison's room with a look of fear and confusion on her face.

"Whoa, whoa, Eliza, what are you doing here?" Addison said "What's wrong?"

Eliza then seemed to stop pacing and turned towards them, almost unsure how to get the words out, once again seeming very unlike herself.

...

...

"Bucky asked me out on a date."