Chapter 2

Eliza had to cover her ears as both girls squealed so loud, they might have broken all the windows in the neighbourhood.

"Oh my gosh, we have been waiting for him to ask you out forever!!!" Bree screamed

"What time is he picking you up?"

"What are you going to wear?"

"Where are you going?"

Eliza, however terrified she was, eventually stopped both girls pointless questions. "Guys, please help me! I have no idea what I'm supposed to wear, how I'm supposed to act, I'm not even sure what's going to happen!"

"This is my first ever date."

Addison quickly walked over to Eliza and put her hands on her shoulders, clearly seeing just how panic - stricken her friend was "Whoa, hey it's okay, calm down Eliza, we can both help you get ready now, then I'll text Bucky and ask him where he's going to take you and as far as how you're supposed to act, just be yourself, I know that's the real reason my cousin asked you out in the first place. He's always saying how awesome you are and how he wants to pluck up the courage to ask you out. Now that he's finally done it, you shouldn't be worried about how you act at all, Bucky already knows how cool you are."

Eliza's face, however pale it had become, seemed to return to its natural shade as she smiled at Addison and her breathing slowed. Any doubt she had was immediately cast from her mind, she really did have good, honest human friends.

At Eliza's house

Addison had already texted Bucky to ask where he was going to take Eliza. He texted back saying he was going to take her to the frozen yogurt place near the centre of Seabrook, he thought not only would it be a casual setting Eliza will enjoy, but also be yet another opportunity for Eliza to experience one of areas that Seabrook had previously restricted for zombies. After Adison and Bree stopped saying how beautiful and romantic it was, the girls had all rushed over to Zombie town (Now a more communal space after the Block Party), to Eliza's house to help her pick out the perfect outfit. Both girls were thinking, something casual but something that really said 'Eliza'.

Al the girls were up in Eliza's bedroom, Bree and Eliza were siting on the bed while Addison shifted through Eliza's clothes like a maniac, trying to find the perfect ensemble. There were many times where Addison got stuck in the many mounds of clothes, making both Eliza and Bree laugh out loud. After almost fifteen minutes, Addison paused.

"Wait, guys, I think I've found it" Addison said with a big smile on her face.

"What do think of this Eliza?"

Eliza's eyes widened and seemed to almost light up

"I forgot I even had that, its perfect" she finally said.

"Yay, Bucky's going to love it Eliza!" Bree said as she lovingly hugged Eliza.

"So when is Bucky going to pick you up?" Addison asked.

Eliza was about to respond when the doorbell rang. Eliza's eyes suddenly widened as the memory suddenly hit her.

"Quickly, pass me the outfit!" Eliza shouted. It dawned on the other two friends who exactly was at the door. They threw the outfit at Eliza and stood in one corner of the room and turned around to allow Eliza to get dressed. But as Bree looked at Addison, she could tell something was wrong.

The truth was, since coming round to Eliza's, Addison felt constantly bugged by something, something she couldn't put her finger on, like she'd forgotten something, something very important. What was it? What was it? Her thoughts were soon interrupted by Eliza.

"Okay, you guys can turn round now." Eliza said

As both girls turned round, they admired Eliza's outfit. Addison had been right. It was completely perfect, it was punk, it was casual. It was so Eliza.

All three girls swiftly made their way downstairs (Eliza's mother wasn't here to see her off as her new job required her to work late) and quickly opened the door to reveal Bucky, who was wearing his regular cheer outfit, because, you know, he's Bucky.

As soon as Bucky laid eyes on Eliza, they both seemed to suddenly be tongue - tied, both seemed to be entranced by one another and still, incredibly nervous. Bucky seemed to break the silence first.

"For the first time, I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful."

Eliza seemed to smile and giggle slightly at the comment. Nobody had ever called her beautiful before. Especially a boy. Especially a human.

"Thanks" Eliza simply replied. Bucky's smile only seemed to grow wider at this comment. He knew Eliza's nature. When she said "thanks", she really meant a lot more, even if she didn't say it out loud. At least that's what he remembered Addison texted him when he had asked for advice on the date.

As soon as they were about to leave, it was only then he noticed the girls in the hallway. He then looked straight at Addison, seemingly to smile, wink or mouth "thanks" at her. Quite the opposite, as he said something none of the girls expected, something Addison had somehow forgotten.

"Oh, hey Addison, I think Zed is picking you up soon, when are you going to get ready?"