Chapter 5

Embarrassment, Disgust, Confusion.

This was all that was going through their heads as all six of the teens sat outside the nurses office waiting for Addison to be called in after the event many of the Seabrook High students would be talking about for weeks, months even. Bree and Bonzo were sitting either side of Bucky, who simply sat there with his head in his hands, not because he was mortified by what had just happened moments ago, but because since that moment, he simply kept thinking ;

"Zed, Aunt Missy and Uncle Dale all told me Addie wasn't feeling well, and yet I still made her cheer anyway ."

Eliza easily caught the disappointed, distraught look in his eye as she wrapped her arm round him and look deep into his solemn eyes, giving him a look that seemed to say "None of this was your fault." as they then both exchanged a quick small, loving smile and went back to waiting.

Bonzo seemed to also be in a state of predicament, as he remembered he had still encouraged Addison to have some of his apple pie, after she had been ill for an entire weekend and was similarly being comforted by Bree. She knew how overly optimistic Bonzo sometimes got, but still, he shouldn't be at fault.

Eliza, Bonzo and Zed all had towels wrapped round them and tried their best to wipe the orange tint from their clothes as, unfortunately, their row seemed to be the worst hit. The rest of the row had either decided to scream and run to the bathroom crying or collect a towel and quietly leave, most likely to keep the majority of their dignity intact. However, Zed, at first, had neglected to collect a towel as he ran down to Addison and quickly sped her to the nurses office, with the rest of the gang in tow.

"Addison" the nurse said as she emerged from the office. Addison got up from her seat next to Zed and timidly walked into the office, with the nurse swiftly following, leaving the rest of the teens outside, all feeling slightly uneasy. Like they could sense that something wasn't right.

"Okay, Addison, if you'd like to just sit up here", the nurse gestured to an examination table which Addison carefully sat on, intent on not causing another incident (which the nurse had already covered by placing a bucket of the side of the table). For the first time after the incident and however awful she was feeling, Addison let herself smile as she noticed the nurses pale complexion and her neat, green hair tied up in a bun.

"So... you threw up?" the nurse said sincerely, immediately bringing Addison back to reality.

"Yes" said Addison, a beetroot red spreading across her face as the memory replayed in her head. "I wasn't feeling well at the weekend and today it wasn't any better but..."

"You tried to stick it out for the cheer squad" The nurse finished

"Yeah" Addison said shamefully

"Well" The nurse continued "It's clear that whatever is making you ill isn't a regular cold or pathogen as it would have passed by now, or at least started to clear up, so what I suggest is I take a sample of your blood and try to identify the cause of this illness, I'll be able to get back to you, hopefully, in a couple of days, but until then, I'd recommend bed rest"

Addison nodded complacently as the nurse went on to draw a sample of her blood from her arm and usher her out of her office. As Addison stepped out of the office, the five teens suddenly sat up, waiting for the verdict, with Bonzo trying to go in for a hug, but suddenly remembering why they were here, quickly refrained and backed away instead into the arms of his girlfriend.

"She said she needs to run some tests and that she'll contact me in a few days with the results, but for now, I need to rest. So no cheering for now" Addison said calmly but with a look of disappointment on her face, causing Zed to walk over and lovingly place his arm around her.

"I hope not, either way, I'm never sitting on the back row again." Eliza said sarcastically, causing everyone to silently chuckle as all six teens started to walk down the long hallway in order to take Addison home. Now all that was on the teen's minds, the one question that plagued them for the next two days, throughout the tiresome school days  and what seemed like the eternity of bed rest.

"What was wrong with Addison?"

Thursday

Addison was watching TV in her room, as she had for the last two boring, angst filled days. She had kept her phone close to her constantly, plugging it in to charge all day, just in case. But for two days, her mysterious ailment had remained just that.

It didn't seem to have gotten any worse, if anything, it just seemed to have gotten weirder. She still felt dizzy and unbalanced and she still felt sick if she ate most foods.

Most foods. As Addison had recalled some time in the afternoon on Wednesday after school, Zed had come round to check on her for the hundredth time, check she was comfortable and if there had been any change. As Zed had gone downstairs to heat up a hot water bottle in hopes it might help Addie feel better, she had smelt something coming from his bag that he'd left.

Something good.

After not having any food she could stomach for longer than two seconds, Addie ripped open Zed's bag to reveal a pale green cereal bar - like substance, and scoffed the entire thing down. As Zed had returned with the hot water bottle, he instantly locked eyes with Addison finishing the last of his snack. With a stunned look on his face, he managed to simply and frightfully ask ;

"Um...Addie...why are you eating my cauli - brain bar?"

Since then, Addison had practically hovered over her phone. She wanted to know what was wrong with her and she wanted to know now.

As she became more and more absorbed into the TV programme, she tried to put these worries out of her mind, concentrate on being healthy maybe or what she could do once she was better, she would cheer again (once everyone had forgotten about her incident), she would be able to hang out with all her friends again, including her boyfriend. Zed had said he was planning to take her to...

*Ring, Ring*

Addison's thought paused.

*Ring, Ring*, Caller ID : School Nurse.

Addison sprang into action as she grabbed her phone and picked up the call.

"Hello" Addison said, her voice carrying the sickly sweet sound of hope and relief.

"Um...Hello Addison" The Nurse said. Addison knew something wasn't right. The Nurse's voice seemed to be laced with a sense of worry and dread and even though she couldn't see her, Addison believed that she would look an almost deathly pale.

"We have your results back" The Nurse continued.

"And?" Addison said, her voice now conveying her fear.

"It seems something has happened" The Nurse quickly said "Something that has *gulp*  never happened throughout the entire history of Seabrook."

"What?! What has happened? What is wrong with me?!" Addison said, her voice now high - pitched and almost fully raised.

Then came the two words.

Two words.

That changed everything.

"You're pregnant."