Chapter 9

Saturday

Well, this is it, today's the day we tell them all.

All the families had arrived at Addison's house, having been informed of the meeting only a couple of days ago, each parent both intrigued and concerned for their child, who had only told them that it was "urgent", nothing more. The zombie parents seemed more outwardly calmer than the human parents, they had grown accustomed to the fact that their children would get into trouble, (and very often did) and so were used to the harsh knocks on their doors being caused by the one and only Z - Patrol. Their unchanging, emotionless, stern eyes meeting theirs, and usually with their child in tow being held by the scruff of their neck, almost with a sense of disgust and revulsion. Of course, no one could blame them for it, Seabrook's zombie phobia was just a fact of life that they had learnt to live with, and they knew their rebellious children would never listen to reason, so the cycle simply repeated itself. Over and over.

However, Seabrook was perfect. No child ever got into trouble, no adult either. So for the human parents, the mere, fleeting thought of their sweet, innocent cheerleader being caught up in these situations seemed almost unthinkable. But even they knew, deep, deep down, past their overprotective tendencies, they knew all the children, even the zombies, couldn't get into so much trouble. Could they?

As the adults filed in (along with Bucky, Eliza and Zoey who had also been invited), it seemed that Zed and Bonzo had suddenly lost their nerve. In their heads, all they saw was rejection, horror and, by far the worse; Separation. How, because of something that was deemed impossible, zombies would once again be reduced to an inferior status. If their goal that day was to hide those feelings, they failed miserably as their significant others grabbed their arms to bring them out of their nightmarish trance.

"Hey, if you want we can tell them" Bree said, gesturing to Addison and herself.

Any other day both Zed and Bonzo would have been the strong gentlemen they thought their girlfriends needed. Any other day, their almost unbearable confidence would have radiated out of them like the sun's rays and they would strode up to the parents and relayed the dilemma calmly and jovially. On any other day. But both pregnant teens could see it as clear as day. They were scared; In truth, they all were, but they both knew now that this was the fire the humans had to face, for them, their zombies, and their unborn child.

Addison simply embraced Zed then and there, as he planted his face into her beautiful, short hair, taking in its soothing scent. Whilst Bree, overconfident as always, locked eyes with her beloved Bonzo for a few brief seconds, seemingly saying it all, then quickly glanced down at her stomach before almost striding out of the kitchen through to the living room where everyone else was seated and conversing, mostly about what possible circumstance could have brought them all there on that day, with miscellaneous topics in between. Bree then halted abruptly at the doorway and coughed so to grab everyone's attention, which it did in a millisecond.

"Look, we couldn't think how else to tell you so we're just going to come out and say it" Bree stated confidently, with Bonzo and Zed almost cowering behind her and Addison walking up to her side and taking her hand, flashing a slight grin towards each other.

Silence.

"We're pregnant" Addison eventually said.

Silence.

With two girly screams shattering it all.

One, already out of her seat, was Bree's mum, who was clearly smiling from ear to ear, as was her father, and Bonzo's parents included. Both sets of adult immediately ran up to the pair and ingulfed them in the biggest and most loving hug any two people could ever hope to receive, all smiling, giggling and happy - crying all round.