Chapter 6

I stared at his flying feather like it was a giant tarantula get ready to attack me. How had  I been so careless? I didn't know what to do, I was frozen to the floor trying to come up with a lie that would get me out of this.

"Um....cool....you found a feather..." I laughed a little too loudly, shit. Now Keith's looking at me strangely. "....why is it so cool?"

"Um...because it's a bird feather!" Keith said, staring at the feather excitedly. "We haven't seen anything close to home in so long!"

"Yeah, cool, it must have drafted in when we left that one planet," I said, turning back to the floor and hoping Keith would leave it alone. Thank everything he did. 

"Yeah...I guess." Keith said, stuffing the feather in his pocket and pulled his hair up in a bun. I stared at it, the raven strands glinting purple as they moved in the light. It was mesmerizing. Shit, he should put his hair up more often...it was hot.

I mean, no! Ew! Mullets! Fucking nasty! Gross!.......I'm not attracted to men! I'm straighter than a fucking ruler!

"--ance? Lance? LANCE!" I snapped my head up to see Keith looking at me strangely and waving his hands around in front of my face. "Are you okay? Dude, you spaced out for a while..."

"Yeah...I was just distracted.." I said, my eyes not leaving his hair. Damn, it looked fucking soft. It was probably really soft, and I bet it smelled really nice.

No! Bad Lance! Stop those damn gay thoughts. You're straight, remember? Why the hell am I so into Keith all of the sudden? I'm not gay...and Keith isn't even all that hot---his luscious thighs, sexy ponytail, and really really big muscles are such a turn off--- so why am I so interested in him?  

I must have inhaled too much cleaner! I looked down at the cleaner in my hand in disgust, cursing the fact that it made me have temporarily gay thoughts for one Keith Kogane. 

"Oh..cool," Keith said rocking back and forth on his heels, his hands in his pockets in an awkward position. "Well I'm going to go train..."

"Yeah have fun with that.." I said, with a dismissive wave of my hand. He huffed and exited the room, the door whooshing shut behind him. I looked up after he left and turned to Coran. "Hey Coran, are there any...I don't know brain damage I can get from inhaling the chemicals?"

"Brain damage?" Coran pulled on his mustache. "It's possible. Why do you ask?"

"Because I'm having strange thoughts," I said, refusing to elaborate. Coran nodded sympathetically. 

"I see," Coran said. He stood up and brushed his pants off before offering a hand to me. I took it and stood gratefully. "Perhaps you should take a break and get away from the fumes?"

"Good idea," I said with a smile. I left the room and walked to fine Pidge and Hunk. They could help me with whatever it was the chemicals did to me. 

I found Hunk baking in the kitchen. I stole a cookie off of the pan, wincing as Hunk slapped my hand, and tugged him into the gremlin's room. She looked up to see me and Hunk standing there and raised an eyebrow.

"Hello." she said. "What can I do for you?" 

"I dunno," Hunk raised his arms in a defeated hold. "He just dragged me here with no context. Lance, what are we doing here?" 

"I HAD A GAY THOUGHT!" 

Hunk and Pidge stared at me for a solid second before they broke out laughing. Pidge snorted, in the uncute way, and Hunk laughed silently, the chukles rocking his body.

"What?!" I asked, crossing my arms defensively. 

"It's about damn time," Pidge said, her laughs silencing a little bit so she could speak.