Chapter 3: The End of the Beginning

As they trotted down the road to where the fairgrounds outside Formenos had been erected, they were not surprised to find hundreds of people there already. A massive stage had been put up where small plays would be shown. Further along, a few willing maiar of Ulmo paired with several of Manwë's. Together they put on grand shows of ice for elven spectators. But Nelyo and Finno led them around to the left into Formenos proper, where all of the sons of Fëanáro had dwellings built already.

“You know, I've yet to be here since the houses were finished,” Eve said with a grin as they dismounted their horses and walked in the chilly morning air.

Káno smiled at her. “Your house was finished but a few weeks ago!”

Eve grinned. “I know! Fëanáro told me. I'm super excited.”

“And I? Where will I be staying?” Finno looked over at Nelyo and winked. “Do I get to bother you more?”

Nelyo rolled his eyes. “Yes. My couch is free.”

Tyelko snickered, causing Moryo and the twins to smirk at their third brother. At that moment, several shouts went up to their right, causing Huan to bark joyously.

“Tyelko! You're late!” A reddish-brown haired elf called, laughter written in his face.

Beside him strode two other men, one with shoulder length silver hair, and the other with medium-length dark hair. The light haired man had a snowy owl upon his shoulder and walked more carefully. All three wore variations of Tyelko’s traveling clothes. They were Hunters.

“I am not, Rusco.” Tyelko grabbed the men each in a quick hug. “Though I do wish I’d taken up your offer to ride a week earlier. My brothers are dull company.”

Huan licked them all over, causing Eve to laugh as the dark haired elf slipped and fell onto his back. When the three looked over at her, she paused and blushed.

Tyelko rolled his eyes at his new companions. “I have told you of my sister, adopted from my mother’s extended family.” He showed them over to the other group. “This is Elmendë. The rest you know.”

“Ah yes, the ‘maiden who paints with light’,” the silver haired man nodded. “I am Alyano, and this is Wisto.” The snowy owl turned its head as if in reply. “My mother loves your work.”

“I'm flattered,” replied Eve, with a small bow.

The dark haired one folded his arms. “I'm Mirwon, this is Rusco.” He referred to the one with reddish hair. “We hunt with Oromë.” He turned to Tyelko. “Are we going to check out the archery range or not?”

Tyelko looked back at his brothers, Finno, and Eve. “I will find you later.”

With that, Rusco, Alyano, Mirwon, and Tyelko went off to the archery course, leaving the others to their own devices. Pityo, Telvo, and Moryo all went their own ways, leaving Nelyo, Káno, Finno, and Eve.

“Let us find your house, Eve.” Nelyo led them up through the many streets to the upper levels. Unlike the base levels, which we're still under construction, the upper level was complete. “Yours is next to Moryo’s.”

Eve grinned as they stopped before a small house. It stood directly to the right of the upper level gate when walking into the area. It had stone of light grey and shingles of a darker shade. The wooden door had been painted a light blue and a window sat to either side. She opened the door quickly and breathed in deeply.

“I love the smell of winter,” she began with a smile, her eyes closed. Then she opened them, looking around. “And you guys even had wood ready for the fire.” Eve turned to her brothers and patted Nelyo on the arm, winking at him. “I knew you cared.”