Chapter 6: Rings

Author's Note 1: Been awhile friends. Some of you may be aware, but I've been struggling with extremely painful back and neck issues. This in turn has kept me from updating pretty much everything and made it very hard to write in general. But I am beyond thrilled to bring you this tonight.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

1410

Years of the Trees

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

“Amarië!” Eve hissed as the elf maiden tightened her dress. “Ow!”

But Amarië merely shook her head. “Really, Eve. You must know by now that it takes more than an hour to prepare for a wedding!” She continued to tie the laces of her redheaded friend’s dress. “Especially when you’re courting Finno. That’s a big deal!”

Eve smirked and turned her head back to face Amarië. “What about courting Findo? He’s the eldest in his family.”

“Don’t believe rumors. We are not courting.” Amarië rolled her eyes at Eve’s skepticism. “My goodness, Eve! Don’t look at me like that.”

Elenwë nearly cackled from where she had just entered the room. Her olive and golden dress wrapped around her flatteringly, and the golden floral hair piece stood out even on her own golden hair. But as she walked in, she pointed at both elves and shook her head. “You might as well be courting Findo!” Before Amarië could protest, Elenwë turned to Eve. “And you, my dear! The wedding is starting in half an hour! Hurry up!”

“How does Eldalótë look?” Amarië asked as she finished Eve’s ties.

Elenwë shook her head. “You’ll have to wait to see for yourself. But it certainly is fit for a marriage to a prince!”

Eve stepped away from Amarie and over to a full length mirror. A smile settled on her features as she saw the reflection before her. The dress resembled a raging fire; deep crimson, shining scarlet, and blazing gold intertwined throughout the many ruffled layers. In her auburn hair sat a large crown braid and in the design, seven sparkling gold and ruby accent pieces.

“Stop admiring yourself and get your shoes on,” Elenwë chastised her, amusement obvious in her voice. “We need to find the lords and get to the Palace Gardens!”

“Right.” Eve turned to Amarië as she slipped into her red flats. “I always love you in light pink.”

She grinned back, settling her own gown. The top started in a soft off white before fading into pale pink. The dress seemed to be crafted of thousands of lace flowers and swept the ground just enough to cover Amarië’s feet.

“Get going,” Elenwë insisted, pushing both maidens out the door of their house.

Eve wandered into the street and turned back to Elenwë. “Where are we meeting the others?”

“At Finno and Aro’s place,” replied Elenwë.

Eve grinned as they started down the road. “Good! That’s not far.”

It didn’t take them long at all. The three women arrived at the large house Finno lived in with his youngest brother Arakáno. Finno, Findo, Aro, and Turvo were waiting outside in their finest attire.

Aro announced their arrival. “Look who all finally decided to show up.” He gestured to the maidens as they walked up the path to the house. “Took long enough.”

“Blame the lovely Elmendë for that,” said Elenwë with a wink. She walked to her husband and stood tall to kiss him. “I do my best, but I can only do so much to keep her in line.”