Chapter 4: Niquelírë

When Eve woke up the next morning in her small, cozy cottage house in Formenos, she found herself more than just a little excited. She rifled through the dresses that she had sent north for this new house. She decided on one of a soft, pure white material. The sleeves tightly hugged her skin all the way to her wrists. With white boots for shoes, she looked in the mirror.

She spoke out loud to herself. "Cape!"

Eve hurried to her closet and took out the new cloak she had had commissioned for this year's festival. She had come to be considered royalty by all in Tirion quite quickly, what with her courting Prince Findekáno and being considered an adopted sister of the sons of Fëanáro. As such, she had now become expected to dress even nicer than when she had first come to Arda.

The cloak she chose was colored periwinkle, and had scrolling designs of white down the back and the sides which draped over her front. She put it on and connected the silver clasps to hold it tight. At last, after braiding her red hair loosely down the left side of her chest, she opened her door and stepped into the morning air.

She paused, taking a deep breath of the freshing, chilly breeze that ruffled her hair and dress. With her eyes closed tight, she felt content to stand a minute in Formenos.

"You look so beautiful," Finno said from her right a moment later, causing her to grin, but leave her eyes closed.

Finally she opened her eyes and faced Findekáno to the left who stood with a smirk, arms folder, not far away. In the soft but ever growing light of Laurelin, his grey eyes sparkled with mirth.

"You clean up well," Eve teased him, gesturing to his proper attire. She walked over and messed with his collar.

He looked down at himself. Finno had chosen a rich blue tunic with golden accents and black pants. He wore a light cape of blue and his hair was loose, with only a single braided piece on his left side. A circlet of silver sat upon his head.

"It is technically the first day of the festival," he reminded her with a light chuckle. "I have best 'clean up well' or my mother will have my head."

"Are your mother and father coming today?" Eve grabbed his hand as they walked down the street to exit the city of Formenos. She glanced over at him. "Findo and Amarië should be coming too, right?"

"That is what Aro and Iríssë said." Finno nodded. "They should be coming with Turvo and Elenwë."

Eve smiled as she caught sight of Nelyo with the Ambarussa. She turned back to Finno. "They better get here before the Niquelírë."

Finno laughed at her and didn't respond. He was sure they would get here before the "Snow Song." Missing the music and creation of the first snow of the year should never be missed, and he knew their four friends agreed.

"You look pretty today, Eve," said Pityo with a grin. He bowed to her mockingly.

"Oh get up, stupid," she joked back. "But thank you."

Pityo winked at her, causing Finno to roll his eyes. The latter smirked at Eve reminded her that he'd complimented her first. They all laughed.

"Come on," Telvo complained. "Nixiel finally dragged Curvo out of the forges. They're down by the ice sculptures."

Eve grinned. "I haven't seen Nixiel in nearly a year."

"That's because she and Curvo spend all their time up here," Nelyo reminded her. "I haven't seen either of them more than a handful of times, when I come up for work on the city. And they came down to Tirion once, but you, Amarië, Findo, and Finno were at Valimar."