Chapter 5

I look into the mirror watching as my eyes turn from there regularly honey tone to red with every blink. Cressida wasn't wrong when she said that the vampire blood would fully fixate by tomorrow. I feel a different strength in myself that I've never felt with my wolf. My skin has pale a few shades since yesterday and my heart is beating a few beats slower. I took in a deep breath closing my eyes once again and when I open them they weren't just red or honey...they were both.

"Asena, are you almost done in there?" Cressida voice filter through the bathroom doorway.

"I'll be out in a second," I announce while pulling my hair into a ponytail, "I didn't ask yesterday, but how's the pack?" I question as I step out the bathroom.

Cressida look up to be with a warm smile, "The rogues barely got a chance to step foot, ten feet into pack land before being ambush. There wasn't any casualties expect theres"

I sigh in relief taking the duffel bag she holds out for me. Alpha Damien had kindly offered me a room in a guest house after being check over by the pack doctor. Juduan had left shortly after visiting me to prepare his men for a sudden leave back home. The plan was to head out today because it's a day or two travel to arrive in Juduan kingdom.

"Let's grab some breakfast before we hit the road," Cressida pipes out pulling her duffel over her shoulder before heading out the room.

I unquestioningly follow her out my temporary bedroom and down the halls of the guest house. The Broken Forest Pack was actually a beautiful large pack despite what there name insinuates.

"So, how are you feeling?" Cressida question when we entered the kitchen. She moved to the fridge to start fixing us some breakfast.

"Good, I guess," I let out taking a seat at the island, "I don't know how I feel about being half vampire now."

"We just need to find a vamp to help you control your new abilities. And once again, I hope you don't turn into a blood sucker."

"I already am, Cressida," I sighed with a small humorless chuckle.

It didn't take Cressida long to fix us up a full filling breakfast. My stomach growl hungrily at the delicious roma. The food filled a hungry in me that was of my human and beast side, but I still felt a distinct small urge. It was something I've never felt before and I didn't know how to relieve it.

"Cressida," I started with slight hesitation poking at my third plate of bacon and eggs, "why me?"

Cressida look to me with a raise eyebrow indicating that I should elaborate on my vague question.

"Well, why did the Moon choose me as the mate for the Alpha King. I don't know anything about myself or my past. I've somehow gotten myself into some deep shit to now become half vampire. I'm clearly not fit to be a... Queen."

Cressida nods to my confession taking a drink of her orange juice, "Now, after that clarification. Ask me the question again."

"Why me?" I breath looking her in the eye.

"Why not you, Asena?" Cressida scoffs picking up her empty plate and mind.

I groan running my hands through my hair when a sudden chill race through my body. I had an itch to turn around only to find my mate standing at the kitchen doorway. His dark eyes roam every part of my new features without an ounce of shame.

"Hey, Juduan," I greeted with an awkward wave.

"Asena," he smiles stepping further into the kitchen, "how are you feeling?"

"Different," I answer with a small smile.

"I bet," Cressida comments turning from finishing her task of cleaning the dishes.

"Morning, Vision."

"Alpha," she acknowledged him with a respectful nod.

Juduan now stood closely to my side placing a gentle hand against my lower back. I gasp softly at the sparks of his touch melting into the palm of his hand. He didn't push any further than just leaving his hand pressed against me.

"My men and I are ready to depart. I'm aware that you guys entered from the south border. I'll have one of my men escort you out to your car unless you want to come with us."

Cressida hum thoughtfully for a second, "I'll get my car and meet you guys at the wolves river intersection, but I don't need an escort."

Juduan chuckle picking up my bag and throwing it around his shoulders, "Of course you don't, but my tracker already found a smooth root to lead you in."

"Is he mated?"

"No."

"Find. Your tracker can escort me to my ride," Cressida finally cave before grabbing her things and walking out the kitchen.

"You're with me," Juduan states before I could say anything.

He intertwined his hand with mind leading us out the guest house behind Cressida. I flinch at bright rays coming from the sun blinking the sensitivity away. I've never been this sensitive to the sunlight before. Is it due to being part vampire or the fact that I've been out a few days.

"Don't worry about it Asena, will meet back up in a hour. Plus, you'll be much safer with your mate," Cressida assured me without me saying a word.

I look over to Cressida with a hand up to cover my eyes from the sun. She sent me a concern smile letting Juduan tracker take her duffel.

"Yeah," I answer looking to my mate pensively, "I'll see you in a bit, stay safe."

Juduan attention was focused on something in the distance, but I can feel his body physically relax beside me.

"Ordan, be sure to get Vision safely to her car. We'll see both of you at the meeting point in an hour," Juduan spoke with such a simple authority as he lead me down the steps of the front porch.

"Nothing less King Alpha Juduan," Ordan bowed lowly, "Luna Asena."

I look to Ordan with a look of pure astonishment at his parting address. Him and Cressida took off into the forest in there furs before I could even respond. This new title I now have to my name is something I'm sure will never get use to. I'm still processing the fact that I'm chosen as the Alpha King's mate. I was now the pointed "Queen" to werewolves everywhere. Juduan grip my hand firmly, most likely feeling my anxiety rise in me.

"Asena," Juduan says my name so softly and firmly all at once, "You're a Queen now, my Queen, I suggest you start getting use to it."

I couldn't stop the butterflies from flourishing in my stomach at my Queen part. But the lost memories of my pass and now being half vampire has me second guessing this whole Queen thing.

"I don't know," I sigh looking up to him bashfully, "maybe the Moon Goddess made a mistake."

I can feel frustration build up in him at my words, "I'm already disappointed in your wolf, my Queen, don't let that disappointment fall on you."

I lower my head in shame of my wolf as well but he quickly lift my head back up with a gentle fingers, "never lower your head, Asena, even in shame. Let's just take everything one at a time, starting with your memories, then will go from there."

He said all that while looking me directly in the eyes. I instantly found his touch and voice comforting and nod my head in agreement to his words.