Chapter 10

I rub at my throat with a groan as Cressida and I walk through the castle halls. A rush of heat continues to flow over my body, causing tears of sweat to build up across my forehead and underarms. My need for relief of this "blood lust" thirst has grown rapidly since this morning. I've never found the smell of blood satisfying in my human form before.

It truly terrifies me.

"Cressida, where are we going to get blood from," I question, "plus how do you know I was turned by a purebred vampire."

Cressida let's out a big sigh looking over her shoulder to me, "I thought when I first tried to look into your past I sensed it then, but it wasn't clear enough for me to fully declare."

"How bad do I smell right now," I asks thinking back to the maid.

"You don't want to know."

I can't believe how much has happen in my life in under a month. And a lot is still coming. What does the Moon Goddess have plan for me? Rule the werewolf world as a vampire doesn't sound prominent.

"Luna Asena," Cressida and I stop in our tracks turning to see Trent making his way down the hall towards us.

"Trent," I greeted dropping my hand from my neck.

"Morning, Luna and Vision Cressida," he voice with a bow, "I was sent by King Alpha Juduan to retrieve you and escort you to his study."

"Oh," I exclaim looking sideways to Cressida, " we were..."

"Just exploring the castle," she jump in walking over to stand next to me, "lead the way royal."

"If you ladies would follow me," Trent turn and lead us back down the hall we all came from.

I groan internally but followed after him next to Cressida, "it's starting to get really irritating."

"I just realized that you're a newborn and want to see how long you can control yourself. Plus, Juduan will have a better plan on how to figure out this purebred situation," she admits with a simple look.

"Are you really testing me?"

She look to me with a mocking smile to answer my question. I wanted to scream out my frustration but my throat was currently to dry. I've notice lately how Cressida's been taking more of a mentor roll. Our wolves have already form a bond thats similar to one of a pack. But the thirst was getting stronger and stronger every second. I don't know if her trust and confidence in me is way beyond what I can imagine or is she just interested in the havoc I could possibly cause. I took a deep breath, finding the trick helpful in calming my urge.

Trent lead us from the common area of the place to the business area. Guards and royal servants littered the halls in this section of the castle. The delicate sound of multiple heart beats and the flow of blood overcome my senses. I balled my fingers into a tight fist at my side. It didn't help when I started to receive questioning and awkward stares.

"The Alphas office is right through those doors," Trent instructed stopping outside a doorway.

I nod giving him a thankful smile before he could depart from us with a quick bow. I watched him walked away while marking a few things off his tablet. Cressida knocked on the door drawing me from my deep thoughts. The sound of Juduan's voice filtering through the door, granting us permission to enter, filled my insides with butterflies.

He sat behind a beautiful oak wood desk in the far corner of the room. The office consists of his desk, bookcase, sitting area, and a fireplace. I scan the room quickly before letting my attention fall directly on my mate.

"Morning, Vision Cressida," Juduan says standing up from his seat.

"Alpha," she spoke with a nod while taking a seat on a near by couch.

"I think we might have another problem," I inform him while meeting him half way across the room.

He lets out a thoughtful sound reaching out to pull me to his chest once we were an arms reach away. I wrap my arms around his back inviting his warmth and scent in. His scent fueled the thirst inside me like nobody in this castle ever have. I can practically taste the sweet metallic liquid flowing easily down my throat. My fingers grip at his back as I tilt my head up to smell his neck. The mouthwatering sweet scent of my mate caused a moan to fall softly from my lips.

"You smell so good," I groan licking at my dry lips, "and I've been thirsty all day."

"Asena," Juduan whispers while his hands rise to my face, "I could feel your desire all morning."

I tear my eyes away from his neck to connect with his dark ones. They look over me with clear concern and worry. I can feel him laying out his trust in me to control this immense thirst. But it was something about the smell of Juduan's blood that called to me the most. I look away from him taking a deep breath before pushing away.

"Oh, shit," my chest heave with labor breaths as I stare at Juduan with wide eyes. I now stood on the other side of the room within a split second. The only thing that would explain the paranormal activity is inheriting the vampire speed.

"Asena," Juduan voice with concern.

"I'm fine," I assure him, "just stay away from me until we get my thirst quince."

He sighs fixing his attire before moving over to his desk to pick up a silver water bottle, "I've been very busy this morning, my Queen.

Juduan pause looking down at the bottle before throwing it across the room to me. I caught it easily smelling the content it contain with a simple sniff.

"Got you some deer blood while doing my rounds. I come to understand that you were turned by a purebred vampire?"

"That's what Cressida is telling me," I confirm flipping the straw to the bottle up.

"I sensed it when I first tried to look into her past, but it wasn't strong enough for me to make a clear confirmation. Asena is going to need someone to help her control these urges and abilities," Cressida spoke up as I took a small sip.

The thick liquid slid easily down my throat satisfying my craving. Being a werewolf, I wasn't no stranger to the taste of animal blood. But now as a vampire...it taste electrifying. I can feel the blood flow through my veins as I continue to take in the dark content. It restores the temtation of the urge and a strength that continue to come.

"I've called upon someone that will assist her in this transition," Juduan looms just as a knock on the door sound.

"And who is that," I question with a raise eyebrow.

The door open to reveal Trent and standing next to him were two other men.

"Why it's great to see you again brother."