Chapter 9

I rolled over in the soft plush bed with a loud groan. My arms and legs reach out across the bed stretching out my tight limbs. Sunlight filter through the blinds and curtains raining gently across my face. A solid knock filtered through the door that connects Juduan's to this room. He open the door without waiting for permission those dark eyes landing on me instantly. I move to sit fully up in the bed to take in his full royal attire.

He wore a dark blue tunic, without the train, that can almost be passed as black. It was decorated in different gold lacing and elements paired with red velvet leggings. My eyes slowly travel up to his slick back hair.

"You look good," I mumble running my hands over my face and hair to wake me up a little.

Juduan lips upturn into a smile at my words, "thank you."

He walks over to the side of the bed I occupied cuffing his hand under my jaw, "you're features have change since last night."

I took in a deep breath searching for any hate or disgust in his eyes. But there was none. Juduan gaze traveled across my face like he's studying every inch. His hands move to rack a string of loose hair away from my face.

"How so," I question, wanting to know what he actually notice.

"Your eyes have been taken over more by the red than your natural hazel. I can see your skin has paled even more and your cheeks have hollow in," he answers without a hint of hesitation.

"Okay."

Juduan leans forward and press a kiss at the center of my forehead, "I have business to attend this morning. I'll have someone come fetch you in an hour and escort you to wherever you so please."

I nod still recovering from the simple kiss.

"Then I'll see you this afternoon, my Queen," he says before taking his leave from my room.

I watched after him for a few minutes before jumping out of bed and rushing to the bathroom. The reflection that stared back at me in the mirror has changed since last night. Juduan was right about the changes of my features. I stare into my now fiery red eyes while raising my hands to feel my face. I wonder if this was temporary since my wolf was currently dormant. This is just the effect of the vampire genes I now possess overriding because it can. I turned away from the mirror leaning my back against the sink.

I reach up to rub at my throat feeling a sense of thirst suddenly flow over me, "I guess I could use a drink."

By my calculation I had over just half an hour until someone come to escort me around the place. I walk over to turn on the shower to allow it a second to spew warm water. I decided not to take a extremely long shower since I had taken one last night before retiring for bed. Once cleaned I got dress in a black pair of jeans and a white silk shirt. A knock sound on my door soon after I finish slipping on my shoes.

"Luna," a feminine voice call from outside the door, "the Alpha has requested I escort you around the castle."

"Ah, yes. I'll be out in a second."

I open the door to fine a short woman a few years older than me. She wore a all black suit and a apron with gold buttons and stitching. The woman wore her black hair in a low sleek back bun. I scan her round up poster and bowed head with calculating eyes. My eyes pause at the bulge vein at the crook of her expose neck.

"Morning, Luna. My name is, Sarah, your assign personal servant," the woman announce rising slowly to a full stand.

My eyes snap away from her neck to her light brown ones. She looks to me with a small tight lip smile. I instantly sense some hesitation and uncertainty coming from her.

"Hi, Sarah," I greeted ignoring her intense aura, "my name is Asena and I just need help finding the kitchen."

She nod at my simple request, "of course, if you don't mind following me."

I shut the bedroom door behind me before following after her down the hall. The castle corridors were even more spectacular during the day. Sarah and I didn't converse much during our walk. She was sure maintain two steps ahead of me and constantly look back at me.

"Is there a problem," I question after the tenth time.

"Not at all, Luna, we're about to arrive at the kitchen," she quickly answers leading me around a corner, "this is the common kitchen where the royal family and their guest can come fix and prepare there own meals."

I nod looking to the door, "thank you."

"No problem, if you don't need me for anything else I'll take my leave."

I shook my head before opening the door to the kitchen. Sarah bow lowly before quickly taking off down the hall. I watched her rush away for a second before walking into the kitchen.

"Ah, Asena. I thought I've felt your presence near," Cressida voice as I enter.

I look over to find her standing behind the island position in the middle of the kitchen. The common kitchen was truly just like any other kitchen but fancier. It provided a small dining table, stove, refrigerator, and cooking/eating utensils. I've come to the conclusion that this will become my favorite room in the palace, it reminds me about reality.

"Morning, Cressida," I greeted moving over to the fridge to search for anything to drink.

"You changed a lot since last night," she comments pausing in her task of chopping some vegetables, "how are you feeling? The vampire blood should have fully settled in by now."

"Good, I guess," I groan grabbing a water bottle, "I just woke up really thirsty."

"Oh, like Catharine."

I shook my head with a smile before chugging down the water in one gulp. Cressida chuckles lightly at her joke but her eyes didn't show no humor. I threw the bottle away not feeling any ounce of relief from my thirst.

"I think we should skip breakfast and go find your mate," Cressida suggested setting down the knife she held.

"Why? He said he'll be busy this morning."

"You weren't just turned by any old vampire," she starts to explain, "but a pure blood and that is going to cause you more problems."

I blink rubbing at my dry throat absentmindedly while processing her words. My body have the blood of a purebred vampire running through my veins.

"But we need to see if we can satisfy your thirst," Cressida sigh, "you've turned into a mother fucking blood sucker."