Chapter 12

I sit across from Juduan, his desk between us, both of us deep in thought. Once Eija made the marking statement Juduan dismiss everyone after announcing that a debriefing will be tomorrow morning before we leave for Upper East. We weren't even thinking about the mating or marking process until my wolf return. But now, we need to do both for my wolf to return.

I now understand what mating and marking meant between two mates. But Juduan mention before that they are one in the same. Which most likely means that he can't just bite me like a regular wolf. He was the future King, and I Queen, a simple bite just won't do.

"So, how about we start with explaining the process to me," I voice curiously, breaking the silence between us.

"There's not a process, my Queen," he muse, "it's just lust and desire."

I look up into his eyes as heat travel through my body at his words. Marking for royals is intimate and that requires consent. It's the reason why Juduan didn't mark me that night in the Broken Forest Pack. And it didn't help that I was passed out.

"I've felt a robust amount of jealousy and possessiveness towards you but not lust or desire," I admit with a arch eyebrow, "but then again I can't fully access the mate bond without my wolf. Do you think I'll want you if we just do it?"

"Just do it. We're mates, it shouldn't come down to that."

"Wouldn't it have come down to it with Catharine?"

"Don't compare yourself to her."

"I wasn't," I quickly answer, "I was comparing myself to you."

Our back and forth banter quiets down at my final statement. We both know that Catharine has fallen in love with Juduan. It's the thought of what he actually felt for the female, and his feelings when it was time to mate. Would he be hesitant or question the intimate actions with a female he knows isn't his mate?

Even though, Juduan is mine and I do feel something towards him. So, it wouldn't hurt to try? It won't be anything like we thought our first time with our mate would be. But not having my wolf because of this Vampire gene will only cause problems for both of us.

"Catharine was the daughter of my father's head of security personal. She and I would play together when he brought her with him to the castle," Juduan stood up from his seat moving around so he stood before me, "Mother fell in love with her over time, and when it turned out Catharine wasn't my mate she was devastated. So, she choose her as the chosen she wolf."

It angers me to hear that he and Catharine knew each other long before the trail period. But I maintain my outside composure because I really need to hear this.

"She moved into the castle and into the Luna's suite. She now have a seat at our private family dinner. She accompany me, as my date, for numerous of events and occasions. She trained under my mother to be Queen and me as a warrior," he paused looking me directly in the eye, "and that she became."

If my wolf was present I wouldn't be able to stop a growl from surfacing my lips. But I couldn't deny the obvious because I felt it when I first laid eyes on her. Juduan leans over slowly until he was settled face to face. His arms grip the arm chair blocking me in never losing eye contact.

"But I don't need a Queen to rule by my side," he voice lowly, "I need you, my true mate."

I can feel his lust and desire rush over me through powerful waves. I wasn't looking into Juduan's eyes anymore but into the soul of his beast. A beast who wanted to claim and prove his love for his mate.

"Thank you," I breath out moving forward in the chair. My legs part to allow him to move even closer, "I want my wolf back, not only for myself, but for you. I want to be able to feel the real strength of the mate bond. I want to feel lust and desire for you and not just jealousy and possessiveness. I want my wolf back so I can be the Queen I was destined to be."

He grins raising a hand to cuff my face, "I want to make you mine, my Queen."

"But," I smile.

"You will spend some time to actually think about this and until then I can not share skin," he moves forward and press a soft kiss to my lips.

I melt at the electric shock his lips cause, "sounds fair," I breath against his lips locking my arms around the nap of his neck.

"Then it's a deal."