04

in this chapter, the orlando's meet kenz! time skip about a week!

kenzie
---

today is the day.

the day i meet two of my best friends in person.

i know i've only known them for about a week, it feels like much longer. is that cliche? probably.

i'm going through my suitcase, trying to find a suitable outfit. i find a black t-shirt and pair it with black jeans. i leave my hair down and straighten it and do my makeup. i grab my phone and see a snapchat from johnny.

---

johnny: ME AND LAUR ARE SO EXCITED

kenzie: ME TOOOO

johnny: it's 11 now, we're supposed to be there at 1130 right?

kenzie: yep! you'll see a stage looking thing, just go behind it. a guy will be there just tell him i said to let you in. okay?

johnny: okay, i'm so excited!

kenzie: same, we should take a picture together to post on instagram!

johnny: won't they go crazy and start shipping us?

kenzie: probably, just don't take it seriously

johnny: okay

kenzie: i gotta go now, see you soon!

johnny: cya

---

my mom tells maddie and i that it's time to go. we walk down to the lobby.

"kenzie, is it true that your new boyfriend and his sister are coming today?" maddie says.

"he's not my boyfriend. he's just my best friend, and so is his sister." i reply.

"ooh, you friendzoned him. have you done that to his face?" maddie asks.

"considering i've never seen him in person, no." i say.

"you know what i mean." she says, rolling her eyes.

"yes, his sister said that she shipped us, so i said 'it's not like anything will actually happen between us, we're just friends." i tell her.

"kenzie! he probably likes you and you've friendzoned him twice!" maddie says.

"maddie. we're. just. friends." i say.

"okay, girls just drop it. we're almost to the plaza." my mom says.

our uber drops us off at the hamman plaza. it's 11:15. we walk over to the stage and go behind it.

how this works is that we'll meet some of the fans, and then maddie and i will go up onto the stage. the fans will ask us questions and then the vips can come up into the stage and meet us.

"mackenzie!" my mom says loudly.

"what?" i say.

"i said, do you want to get panda express after this?" she asks.

"definitely! and do you think johnny and lauren can come with us?" i ask her.

"your internet friends?" she asks.

"yeah." i say.

"that's fine with me." she replies.

i grab my phone to snapchat johnny and ask him if they can come.