Call Me by My Name

Nova's pov

I was heading into work and as the elevator began closing, a hand stopped the door before someone stepped in. When I saw who it was, my heart rate went up and all the butterflies in my stomach began to flutter like crazy. It had only been a day since I met her, but I couldn't seem to get enough of her presence. "Good morning Ms. Lux"  She greeted me as I smiled at her. "Good morning Ms. Aerglo." I greeted back. We stood in silence after that, waiting for the elevator to get to the top floor. The elevator door opened and we walked out, I went to my desk and Venus went to her office. I was doing some work when my thoughts drifted off to Venus. I didn't know what it was about her but my thought always seemed to drift off to her since meeting her. I still didn't know her very well but I wanted to know everything there was to know about her. Her quirks, habits, favourite things to do, and favourite books read. I had to be patient though because I could tell she was a closed off person. I'd give her the space that she needed if it meant her opening up to me. I hoped we could become friends at least, she was my boss after all.

 I knew there were restrictions for relationships in the work place and I didn't how lenient she would be with me. Maybe she was just being friendly for all I know, but that didn't sound right. Although she did tell me yesterday that she doesn't usually tell people her first name. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard the elevator door open. A woman stepped out, she had medium length golden brown hair, a touch of red lipstick. She wore a black knee length dress and red heels. "I'm here to see your boss." she told me. "Of course, can I get your name so she knows who I'm sending in." I asked her. "Tell her it's Sara Clementine." I picked up the phone and called her office up. "Hello?" Venus said. "Ms. Aerglo, there's a Sara Clementine here to see you, shall I send her in?" I asked her. "Yes of course, send her right in." she told me. I hung up and spoke to Sara. "Go right on in." I told her. She walked into the office and shut the door behind her. I wonder what she's here for. Maybe she's just a good friend of hers for all I know. I know she isn't here for a meeting because I would have known about it. So why just show up?  

I thought to myself. I got back to work and hours had already passed before the door finally opened up. "It was good to see you again Sara, although I don't know why you showed up to my work. You know where I live." I heard Venus saying. "Well geez, tell me how you really feel." Sara joked. I don't know why, but the sight of them together made me angry and I just wanted Sara to leave already. They spoke for a few more minutes before Sara spoke once more. "Well I should get going I know you're a busy woman, see you later Aerglo." she said to her before giving Venus a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek before heading out into the elevator. Venus looked at me then in a curious manner. I wondered what was going through her mind. "When is my next meeting today, Ms. Lux?" she asked suddenly. I looked at the computer for a moment before answering her. "At 10:30 ma'am." "Alright thank you, I should get my things ready and get into the meeting room." She said with a ghost of smile. "Of course, do you need any help setting things up?" I asked her. She looked unsure for a moment before she spoke up again. "Yes, that would be nice. Thank you Nova." she told me, giving me a half smile. For some reason that smile made my heart race and I had to catch myself so I didn't get caught up in my thoughts before I got up and decided to get things ready. 

Venus had her meeting that lasted an hour before people started heading out and she was talking with someone and shaking hands with them before they walked out as well. She was smiling to herself once everyone was gone, it was cute. She then walked up to me, the smile now gone although the happiness was radiating off of her. "Well I just made the deal of the century and now I have reason to celebrate this weekend." she told me. I smiled up at her. "I'm glad to hear that Ms. Aerglo." I told her feeling genuinely happy for her. "You know you can call me by my name, but only when no one else is around I can't have people running around knowing my name for privacy issues, but then again it's not like anyone else is ever around anyways." she told me in that low raspy voice of her. "Alright, I'll call you by your name Venus." I told her.