Something About Me

Venus's pov

A month had passed by and right now I was in a meeting that was almost done, when my mind drifted off to Nova. We were slowly getting closer to each other and I hoped we could keep up this rhythm up between us. We had gotten closer and I think because of my policy against work relationships between the boss and assistants, she was holding back a bit. I should get rid of that policy. I thought to myself. I'd only make this exception for Nova and I did own this company so I could do what I wanted with it. No one else would be able to date the boss, it would still be off limits and I could always reinforce it later on if she decided to stop working here. I brought myself out of my thoughts and the meeting had officially ended. I talked to the person that I had a meeting with and we exchanged paperwork and I let them know that I would let them know what I decided. I was the last one out of the meeting room and made my way to Nova's desk. "Hi Nova." I said softly. "Hi Venus." she said back just as softly. "Would you like to get some lunch?" I asked her. "Sure that would be nice." She told me offering me a smile.

We were in a small coffee shop that had great food and we were in a conversation when I heard my name. "Aerglo, it's fancy meeting you here." I immediately recognized the voice and greeted them. "Hey Sara, what are you up to?" I asked her. "Not much, I just got hungry and I found this place and you?" she asked me. "I'm here with my assistant having lunch." I told her. She then turned to Nova. "Hi, it's nice to see you again." she said with her signature smile. "It's to meet you again too." She greeted her back and gave her a small smile. "Let me know if my best friend here." she said while pointing at me before speaking once more. "Gives you a hard time and I'll smack her upside the head and give her one of my talks." She said jokingly. Nova seemed to relax once she knew who Sara actually was. "I will, so far she hasn't been too hard on me." she said, giving Sara a genuine smile this time. "That's good to know, considering she's usually a hard ass to everyone, except for a handful of people." she told her. "Well Sara, you're free to join us. It would be nice to get to know one of Ms. Aerglo's friends." Nova told her. "That would be great, but I've got to pick up some things that need to get taken care of, but it was nice to formally meet you." she told her. "Alright and it was nice to formally meet you as well."

 Nova said to her. We said our goodbyes to her and we began talking. "So Nova, what's something that you really want to do that's on your bucket list?" I asked her. She thought this over for a moment before she spoke. "I really want to go skydiving, but I'm terrified of heights." she told me. "What about you?" she asked me. I had to think this over considering that I had already done many things over the course of time. It took me a moment, but I finally managed to think of something simple that I hadn't quite done yet. "Well there is one thing. I really want to climb on top of a car while someone else takes hold of it, while I try and hop onto another vehicle." I told her. It was something that I could do, but I just hadn't ever done it yet. She smiled at me for a moment before speaking. "That sounds dangerous, but I don't know how you would get away with it considering how the world works now." she told me. "Well I know someone who owes me a favour and happens to have open space just for  fast driving cars." I told her.

 She had a look of worry in her eyes just then. "Well be careful, alright?" She told with a hint of worry in her tone. "Of course, I'll wrap up my body in bubble wrap if it makes you feel better." I told her. She laughed a bit then before reaching out for my hand. Once our hands made contact, that charge of electricity flowed my entire body. "Just be careful, if you ever do decide to go through this, you're a great person from what I've seen and I'd hate to you see gone one day." She told me. I gave her hand a comforting squeeze to let her know that I would be alright. "I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, okay?" I told her softly. "Okay." she said just above a whisper.