Happiness

Venus's Pov

It was the next morning and all of us were sprawled out on different couches. Nova and Sara were still sleeping so I decided to make some breakfast while they slept. I was almost done with making breakfast when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned my head slightly and noticed it was Nova looking beautiful as always even with bedhead. She gave me a sleepy smile before coming up to me giving me a hug from behind. She was the right height to where she only had to bend slightly for her chin to go right on top of my shoulder. "Good morning," she said to me in a slightly raspy voice. "Good morning, how'd you sleep?" I asked her. "Better than before, what about you?" she asked me. "I slept pretty well, I just happened to wake earlier than you and Sara," I told her smiling. She smiled back and as always it took my breath away.

The food was now done so I set everything up with some help from Nova since she wouldn't take no for an answer, but I didn't mind it. I walked into the living room and saw Sara sleeping still. I walked up to her and crouched down shaking her gently. She woke up, "Hey I made some breakfast for all of us. I made your favorite," I told her. I walked back to the kitchen with Sara in tow. "Thank you both for being here with me, it means so much to me," she said to us. "Of course, we'll always be here for you," Nova said to Sara. After that we ate our food and talked about everything and nothing.

-------------------------------------------------

Nova's Pov

Several more months had passed and I was doing a lot better with everything and I was proud of it. I was now able to hug people and have people hug me without going into fight mode. I didn't notice it until Venus had mentioned it causing the both of us to cry tears of joy. I had fewer nightmares, they still came every now and then, but it was getting easier to deal with. I felt better than I did when everything started. I was in a lighter, more peaceful place now. Everything was better now and I'm glad that Venus has been around to help me through the process. I was now with Venus at a beautiful restaurant outside on a balcony with fairy lights hanging overhead. "I want to make a toast to you and how far you've come since you first went into therapy after what happened and to tell you that I love you more than you'll ever know" 

We clinked glasses before Venus spoke once more. "I wanted to add something if you don't mind." I nodded, letting her know that she could continue. "I wanted to say that I'm proud of who you've become and how far we've made it. I remember when I first met you, I didn't know what to do and I was stumped because I hadn't ever met a more amazing person than you and I'm glad that we are where we are now even after everything that has happened. You're an incredible, strong independent, and intelligent woman whose beauty is just a bonus. I want to continue our lives together and grow more with you. Will you do me the honour of taking my hand in marriage?" she asked me with a ring in hand. By now I was tears of happiness. "Of course," I told her smiling. She slipped the ring on my finger before she lifted me up and gave me the biggest hug that she could muster. In this moment, I felt true happiness and I wouldn't want it any other way.

A/N: I know it's short, but it's something and it felt right not to add anything else more to this chapter.