I think...

*There will be some other things things mentioned on Nova's condition when she was found*

Nova's pov

I slept the rest of the night peacefully knowing that I had fallen back asleep. I was awake now in Venus's arms feeling nothing but safe in her embrace. I was in my thoughts for a few moments when I felt slight movements. "Hi Nova." Venus said a sleepy voice. "Hi Venus." I said softly before being pulled into a warm hug. "Did you sleep better during the rest of the night?" she asked me. "Yes, I had nothing but peaceful dreams the rest of the night." I told her. "Alright that's good. I'm really happy to hear that." she told me in a still sleepy voice whilst giving me a gentle forehead kiss.  "What would you like for breakfast?" Venus asked me. I thought it over before figuring out what I was craving. "Waffles, I don't what else to add with it except fruit so if you think of anything else then go for it." I told her. "Waffles and fruit it is." she told me, smiling. 

She got up and held out her hand to me. Venus led me downstairs to the kitchen, sitting me down by the island, and began cooking. Venus was almost finished with the first waffle when I began admiring her in her natural element. She always cooked incredible food and somehow managed to look graceful whilst somehow not making a mess. How the hell does she not leave a mess. Everytime I cook there's always something sort of mess and yet she hasn't spilt anything not even a drop of the waffle mix. "Venus can I ask you something?" "Yeah, you can ask me anything." she told me. "How the hell do you manage to not spill anything while you're cooking?" I asked her. "Years of experience I guess. Being immortal might have to do with it too." she said. "Hmm...do you know you any other immortals that can cook that have managed not to a single drop of anything." I asked her. She thought it over for a moment. "Well if you don't count vampires, I'd have to say 5 people and if you include vampires then about 10 people." she told me.

"Wow. How many people do you know? Scratch that, How many immortal people do you know?" I asked out of curiosity. She thought it over for a few moments. "I'd have to say that I know thirty people that are immortal." she said. Oh wow.  I thought to myself. "How many immortals are there in the world that you know of?" I asked even more curious than before. "Well since there's records of all immortals in the world, there are 1,000,000 of us, but there's still more humans in this world." she told me. "That's not much when you really think about it, but it's more than what I was thinking." I told her. She smiled at that. "How many immortals did you think there were?" she asked me. "I was thinking more around the ten thousands area."

I told her. "Well you tried at least" she joked. We talked for a bit more before we began to eat. Venus ended up adding melted chocolate to dip fruit in and whip cream for the waffles. Everything looked amazing and I was ready to eat. "Thank you." I told Venus. "Anything for you." she told me. I smiled faintly at that. Sometimes she said something beyond what other people say and that's one of the things that I happened to love about her amongst other things.

--------------------------------------------

Venus's pov

Two weeks had passed and I noticed that Nova still woke up in a cold sweat and still continued to yell in her sleep. She would turn on every light there was so there was no dark part of a room that she went into. I had no idea what she had gone through in that crate, all I know is that she hadn't much food to eat or water to drink. I hoped she'd talk to me about it, but I had to be patient and make sure that she was as alright as she could be. We were watching a movie in the living room instead of the theatre room because you couldn't see much on the screen with the lights on. We were eating popcorn and candy enjoying the movie when I heard a knock. I turned around and saw one of my workers. "There's a Ms. Devon Nightwing here to see you." they told me. "I'll be right back." I told Nova before placing a kiss on top of her head and getting up to go to the other room. I wonder what she wants. I thought to myself. I walked into the kitchen and saw Devon in the flesh. "I heard that you got rid of Angel." was the first thing she said to me. 

"She deserved it." I told her point blank. "Well I guess that answers my question. My next one is after all these years, why kill her now?" she asked me. "She crossed a very thin line with me and now I don't have to deal with her any longer. I also know that she won't be missed since she has no family nor partner around to come and look for her." I told her. She nodded. "Alright, well it's good to know she doesn't have any attachments. Did you bury the body at least?" she asked. "Yeah, she was an evil bitch, but that doesn't that I'm heartless enough to not have the decency to bury her." I told her. "What should we do with the money she left behind?" she asked suddenly. "Donate it to charities and research for cures that haven't been found yet." I told her. 

"I didn't kill her for money, I'm not greedy and I rarely even have use for my own so I give it to people who deserve it more than I do. Just because I give off a cold front to people doesn't mean I've completely turned away from my emotions. I shouldn't have to explain that to you, I've known you for 30 years already." I added with a smile. Devon smiled back and was quiet for a moment before asking something. "How's your current girlfriend after all of this?" she asked. Now it was my turn for silence. "She's been waking up in the middle of the night from nightmares. I honestly have no clue as to what happened to her in there. So I'm just going to be there for her and be patient with her until she decides to talk about it. I know she was only in there for several days but that doesn't mean that nothing happened to her. 

She was bruised and wounded when I found her, but she's healed up now." I told her. I looked up at Devon and she had a look of sympathy from what I just told her. "That's terrible." She said just above a whisper. I  nodded. "I wish it were me in that crate instead of her. I'd do anything to protect her." I said with a determination in my voice that I hadn't had in years. "You love her don't you?" "More than anything." I told her. "I can tell. You have this passion in your voice whenever you talk about her." she told me.

----------------------------

Nova's pov

It was later in the day now and I was just giving a hug goodbye to Sara. When I reacted in a way that I didn't know I was capable of. I blacked out and the next thing I knew was that I was on top of Sara trying to strangle her. I didn't get very far though considered she's a vampire and a lot stronger than me. "I-I'm s-so sorry" I said getting off of her.