Where is she?

A/n: sorry for taking so long on updating, I've been busy with some personal things. Enjoy :)

- D

Nova's pov

A few days had passed since Venus showed me the "space room" that she has. That day was most likely one of the best days of my life and I hoped that there would be more of those kinds of days to come. I was in the office right now doing what I always do, but something felt different about today and I couldn't tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing. So I just decided to keep doing my work and see where the day takes me. "How's everything coming along?" I heard a familiar voice ask me. I looked up at a pair of beautiful bright green emerald eyes that always took my breath away. I smiled up at Venus and took in her entire figure and trying to memorize every nook and cranny of her. I never got tired of looking at her. She had a beautiful mind and the looks were just an added bonus. "You're doing that obvious staring that you always do Nova." She said giving me a smile back in return. "I can't help it, you're too ethereal for words and I don't think that I could ever get tire of looking at you." I said in a tone of awe. 

She blushed slightly at my word. "You're not too bad yourself. Your looks are just an added bonus to your intelligence." she told me. "You know I was just thinking that as I was doing my 'obvious staring'. It was just worded a bit differently. Oh and to answer your question, everything's going great." I told her. She smiled at the last part. "Well I'm happy to hear that and it's nice to know that we think the same because great minds think alike." She told me.  "I can't argue with that and we're also around each other a lot, but I don't mind it." I told her. The elevator opened then and someone walked out and all signs of emotion were gone from Venus's face. "Ms. Aerglo these papers need to be signed." they said handing over the papers in a nervous manner. "What exactly are these papers for and why weren't they mailed up here in the first place?" she asked, causing a cold unpleasant chill down my back. I had not ever heard speak in such a cold manner. It was the complete polar opposite of how she was with me.

 "I-I-I d-don't know and they're f-for t-the pro-project that you j-just partnered f-for ." they stuttered looking as if they were preparing for the worst. "Make sure this doesn't happen again. These papers are to always be sent up through my private mail shoot, not directly." she told them. "Y-yes ma'am." they said before rushing out of the office as fast as they possibly could. I looked up at Venus afterwards with an arched eyebrow, wondering what that was all about. "What?" she asked this time in a completely normal tone. "Why did you have to be so harsh to that person, it's not their fault. Someone probably mixed some papers up and it ended up going to that person's desk and not where it's supposed to go." I told her in a stern tone. "Sorry." she said quietly.

 "I'm used to always being this cold-hearted boss that I don't take things into consideration. I'll do my best to be nicer." she continued. "Thank you, was that so hard and it would be appreciated if you could tone down the harshness." I told her. "Anything for you." she told me in a soft tone of voice. I smiled softly at her, getting lost in her bright green orbs. We stared into each others eye for what felt like years, but was only several minutes. "Do you want to get out of here?" she suddenly asked me. "Of course." I told her knowing that I'd go the ends of earth with her if she asked me to. We ended up at this carnival that was in town. The sun was close to setting and we had just arrived but made sure to change into more casual clothing. We walked up to the ticket booth and Venus paid for the tickets before I even had a chance help pay for them. Afterwards we walked right into the entrance and were able to see some of the rides from where we stood. There were several roller coasters, a drop, one of those swing rides, and a ferris wheel. There were other rides as well, but we had to walk around to find them.

 Our first stop was the tilt-a-whirl, they were one of my favourite tame rides but I always enjoyed going on them. Next we arrived where the carnival games were at. We stopped in front of one those games where you had to throw rings onto a glass bottle, in order to win a big prize you had to at least make three of them. Venus payed for the both of us and we each got our rings. I only made one, but it was better than nothing. I turned to see if Venus had started yet and she hadn't. I'm guessing she was watching me before it was her turn. "Well at least you were able to get one, most people don't make any." Venus said giving me a smile. Before she had even started, I had a feeling that she'd be really good. I was proved right. She made all of her rings on different bottles. I looked in at her in awe, wondering how she could have done that. 

"Which one do you want?" she asked me. I looked at all of the stuffed animals when my eyes landed on one that I wanted. "The banana." I told her. The person at the booth grabbed the banana and handed it Venus, who in turn handed it to me. "How did you do that?" I asked her after we had already walked away from the booth.  She leaned towards me to whisper "I have super speed babe." she said to me as I shivered slightly from her warm breath hitting my skin. "I should have known." I joked. We made our way over to the fairy floss area and enjoyed the cotton cloud looking treat that dissolved so easily in one's mouth. "Would you like to eat something that doesn't happen to be candy?" Venus asked me. "Lead the way." I told her. We both got chili cheese fries and drinks before sitting down. 

"So tell me, what is your favourite soft drink?" Venus asked me. "I'd have to go with cherry cola. There's just something about the taste that I enjoy. What about you?" I asked her. She thought it over for a second before answering. "I'd have to say cherry cola as well, but for an entirely different reason." she told me. We talked on for a bit more before heading to a different ride after letting our stomachs settle first. We arrived at the swings and began to sift our way through some more rides before going over to the ferris wheel. Everything looked breathtaking. There were lights strewn across, lights from the rides, as well as the moonlight that looked especially incredible. It was a full moon and there were some stars scattered about the sky without a cloud in site. The weather slightly cool, but not to where I needed a coat. We got onto the ferris wheel before it stopped at the top. "I had a really nice time with you, thank you for taking me here." I told Venus. "Of course." she told me before leaning in, cupping my cheek. "May I?" she whispered.

I nodded before she kissed me gently.  I deepened the kiss more and tried to bring her as close as I possibly could. We pulled back gently. Venus was rubbing her thumb softly across my cheek looking into my eyes. "You're an incredible woman with a brilliant mind, I hope you know that I don't take us being together for granted. Thank you for stumbling into my life." she told me just above a whisper. "You're a brilliant woman with an beautiful mind and I hope that you don't ever think that I'm taking you for granted because I've enjoyed every second that I've spent with you." We were in a contented silence after that before the ferris wheel was brought back down and we teleported back to the office so that I could drive home.

"Thank you for today, I had a really nice time with you today Venus." I told her smiling softly. "And the same goes for, I wouldn't have wanted to spend today with any other person. So thank you for accompanying me with your presence." I gave her a kiss on the cheek and made my towards my feeling like I was floating on air. I was almost towards my car after saying my goodbyes to Venus when I felt a hand around my mouth and a blindfold being tied around my eyes before knocking out.

Venus's pov

It was the next day and I walked into the office still feeling lighter than air from yesterday when I noticed that Nova wasn't at her desk. I teleported to the parking garage where Nova usually parks. I spotted her car, but she wasn't in there and the alarm was still set. I started to get worried and all I could think was Where is she?  I teleported into my office and looked at the security cameras at the time that both Nova and I had said our goodbyes. I checked the camera that pointed towards where Nova's car was located. She was walking towards her car when I noticed a figure walking behind her. I couldn't get a good look at first when I caught sight of who it was. It's her. how could she do this? After all these years, she decides to hurt me by using the one I love. It was someone who I had previously dated about 30 years ago, we ended on good terms, so I couldn't understand why she would do such a thing. I had to figure out where she took Nova and stop her before she could do anything else.