TWO

luke's pov
-
I walked out of the dorm and began making my way down to the elevator. It was awkward when I found out that Olivia was my roommate, like I wasn't expecting to meet my roommate in an elevator then minutes later...to see her standing in the same vicinity as me. I walked into the elevator and saw a guy standing next to me, on his phone. He didn't even look up once to see who was next to me. I pressed the 'Lobby' button until he slapped my hand away. "Hey, I got it mate. Don't worry."

He gave me a strange look. I don't know why he was giving me the look when he was the one who was acting weird and strange. So, I stood there awkwardly once again and didn't say a word. I felt like I wasn't breathing because I was afraid he would snap again. Finally, the doors opened again and he exited the elevator. I looked around the area and there was still a bit of a line. I scooted past people and got outside. I walked towards my car until I heard a, "HEYY!"

I looked over my shoulder and it was two girls who seemed to be best friends. They were walking together and walking in my direction. I did a 360 degree turn to see who they were talking to and I figured it was just me. "Hi?" I said to me. I unlocked my trunk and just ignored them. "You're cute! Can I give you my number?" They came closer to me and I could smell the alcohol on them. "Go home. I don't know you and I don't want to know you. You're getting in my space, please." One girl held onto my arm and proceeded to say, "Please cutie, come on!"

She was basically tugging on my arm, I shook her off and grabbed a few of my bags then left. "Go back to your fucking dorm and don't ever bother me again!" I told them. "Fine asshole! You missed out on all of this!" The same girl who tagged on my arm shouted. I rolled my eyes. Drunk? In the morning? You gotta be hyped up for school and nervous as hell for school to be drunk in college. I walked back into the building and towards the elevator, the same guy was by the elevator too!

What the hell is going on today? Why am I running into the same people? "Hey." He said to me, "Sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to come off as rude, I'm just not having it today." "That's perfectly fine. I understand, everyone has their struggles. I'm Luke." I put down one of my bags and held my hand out toward him. He shook my hand and said his name, "I'm Ashton. What floor are you going to?" "Third, how about you?" "Fourth. Just a floor above you, aha!" I nodded my head and we both chuckled.

We both entered the elevator, really awkwardly. It was just us two again. The elevator doors opened up to the third floor and I quickly got out. "Nice to meet you!" I said to Ashton, I was never going--I shouldn't say that. I might as well jinx myself. I put my bags down and took out my keys. I opened up the door, grabbed my bags and headed on inside. I walked towards my room and looked over into Olivia's room. "Hey Olivia!" She turned around at her desk and looked at me weirdly, "Uh, hi?" "Just trying to be nice." I smiled at her.

"Oh okay." Was all she said. I put my bags on my bed, which was already put together...courtesy from the school I suppose. "Hey, what's your first period tomorrow?" I jumped when I heard her voice, making my heart beat faster. "God, you startled me." She chuckled, "Oh, I'm sorry...but what's your first class tomorrow?" "I don't know. I don't even have my schedule." Her eyes grew bigger and continued to say, "You haven't gotten your schedule yet? You need to go and get it!"

"I know but I'm not sure where to get it from." "I got mines earlier, I'll show you where. Come on." She grabbed my hand and I left everything in my room. "Woah, slow down. They're not gonna leave any time soon, it's only 11:38am." "Yeah but the line could possibly be long so we have to hurry before it gets any longer." She shut the door behind us and locked it. As we were walking down the hallway, I couldn't stand the awkward silence so I asked her, "What are you majoring in?" She took a deep breath in and said, "Performing Arts. You?"

"Strangely, same. That's the only reason why I chose SDSU.", San Diego State Univeristy. "I love the arts ever since I was a little boy so I made a promise to myself that I would love from Australia to California and live my dream." "Aw, well I'm glad that you continued your dream and you made it. I've always loved singing and dancing ever since I was a little girl. No one could stop me from performing any time and anywhere. I loved it so much that I want to make it into my career."

"I love that. I'm glad you made it here too!" We both laughed and I asked her, "How old are you?" "Me?" "Yeah, there's literally no one else around us right now Olivia." She rolled her eyes and said, "I'm 19. How about you, Aussie?" She said, saying Aussie in an Australian accent. "I'm 20. Some people say I look older but I don't see it." She bursted our laughing, we were at the elevator waiting for the doors to open. "Seriously? When I saw you, I legit thought that you were at LEAST 25!"

"25? Oh hell no." I laughed. She was funny, and I kinda admired that about her...

Even though I just met her like an hour ago. Seems like this'll be so much fun living with a roommate after all.