SIX

(i apologize in advance if there are any spelling mistakes. i type really fast and usually, i don't really look to see if there are any. sorry)

luke's pov
-
We were finally at the front of the line and she ordered her drink. "Hi, how can I help you?" The cashier asked. "Yeah hi, I'll have the strawberry açaí please!" "Okay, that'll be $1.29." She took out her money until I said, "No, I got it." She looked at me with confusion, "Luke...are you sure?" "Yeah please, I can take care of it." The cashier seemed impressed by me because then she said, "Nice young man here. What can I help you with today?" "I will just have an iced coffee please." "Sure thing! That'll be $2.30 please." I gave her my credit card and thought, Really? An iced coffee is more expensive than a strawberry açaí?

We sat at one of the tables and I just looked at her. She looked so pretty, just sitting there. "What?" She said, laughing once she caught me. "Nothing, just admiring your beauty." She rolled her eyes and smiled. "I swear, this is like one of the those Disney moments where the guy just can't take his eye off of the girl. Isn't it?" I looked down at my hands as I began to fiddle with them. "I don't know. Maybe." "You have really pretty eyes." She said as she put her hands to her face, holding her chin and leaning on her elbows..moving closer to me. "Yeah, thanks. I've been told that my whole life. You have pretty eyes too."

"Me? My plain old brown eyes? They're nothing compared to what you have!" "My blue eyes? Your eyes are beautiful, they remind me of chocolate." She shrugged and laughed, "Duh, cause they're brown." The barista called my name and I went up to go get our drinks. "One strawberry açaí for the lovely lady and my regular iced coffee." She got up and we left Starbucks. "So, you wanna go back to my place now?" She asked me, INNOCENTLY. I almost choked on my drink when she asked me that. "Are you okay? What the hell happened?" She started patting my back until I was finally able to speak.

"Yeah I'm fine." "What did you choke on? From taking in too much of your coffee?" "No..it's just that when you asked me that, my mind..um.." She slapped my arm aggressively and it kinda did hurt. "Um, ow!" I said when I looked at her. "That hurt!" "Well, say that to me one more time and you'll for sure bleed! You know I meant that in an innocent way, not whatever the hell your mind went to." We both laughed it off and I was still rubbing my arm. "Did I really hurt you that bad? I only slapped you and not punched you." She actually looked concerned and her voice sounded like she felt bad.

"I'm sorry." She told me as she held onto my arm and rested her head on it. "It's okay really, and yeah, let's go back to your place." She shot up and looked at me. "Hey! You didn't choke that time!" She had this big grin on her face. "Oh, for the love of god!" I said that, rolled my eyes and walked faster than her. "Hey! Slow down!" I laughed to myself. As I laughed, I just thought to myself..Wow, she's a jokester like me! Another thing that I really like about her. She finally caught up to me and said, "Damn, you really do walk fast with your long legs."

"And you, you walk really slow with your short legs." "At least I look cute with my short legs! You look like a giant with yours!" "Says the little smurf walking next to me." She was sipping her refresher when I said that, and she basically choked on hers. "Did you just call me a smurf?" She stopped dead in her tracks and I started running. We were already in the dormitory and I was running to the elevator. "Hey!" I heard her yell. I ran until I saw a little caved in area where I could hide. I saw her run past me and stopped. She was confused at to where I went.

"Luuuuke?" She called out to me, waiting for me to pop up. Once she walked back again, I popped out, set my drink one of the tables that the area had set out, ran to her and picked her up from back. I guess you say that this was like a Disney scene. "Caught you!" I said. "Put me down!" She yelled as she was hitting both of my arms playfully. "Luke! My drink is starting to seep out of the cup! Put me down!" This time I did put her down to see if anything had gotten onto her clothes. She stood there and willed something off. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know. Did it get onto your--"

She turned around and got the chance to kiss me. I could feel her smile come through from her kiss and I smiled to. Never thought I'd kiss a girl on the day before school started. Normally, it was during the school year...not before. She pulled away from me and laughed. I said, "What are you laughing at?" She walked past me, towards the elevator and pressed the button. I grabbed my drink and walked towards her. I tapped her shoulder and asked again, "What's so funny?" She turned to me, still laughing a big and smiling, and said,

"There was no leak from my drink."