THREE

luke's pov
-
We finally got off of the elevator, I feel like I've been on this elevator like 20 times already this morning, and she dragged me into the lobby styled-room. "So, is there where I get my schedule from?" She looked up at me and said, "Not necessarily. There's a room in the back somewhere where they have people at stations that give you your schedule." "So where is this so-called room?" She started walking and I figured that this was my cue to start following her. We took a few twists and turns then we made it to a gigantic room where college students were most likely waiting for their schedule as well.

She leaned closer to me and said, "I told you there would be lots of students here waiting." "I can see that." She pointed to the right of us and began saying, "Over there are stands. They have 5 stands. Each of those stands has a letter at the beginning of your last name, like A-F then G-L, and so on. So go and find your last name and wait in that line." She walked away after that. "Wait, where are you going? You're not gonna stay?" "Um, no. I was just showing you where the stands were at, now excuse me but I gotta go back and finish cleaning up my room." She left and I was there alone.

I felt my phone buzz and so I checked it. It was my best friend back in Australia, Calum.

xcalx: HI BUD.

I couldn't help but laugh at the message. I swear to god, I bet he's drunk again. Whenever I'm around him during the night, he always seems to be intoxicated.

me: HEY. why are you still up? isn't it like 1am back in Aus?"

xcalx: YEEEE BUT I WANTED TO SAY HI. HI BUD.

me: Cal, are you drunk again?

xcalx: NO WAY. JUST WANTED TO SEE HOW YOU'RE DOING IN CALIFORNIA. SO HOW ARE YOU BUD?

me: Cal, chill out 😂 I'm just a little jet lagged but i'm doing fine. I just met my roommate and I'm getting my schedule. I wish you were here with me so I wouldn't be awkwardly here alone.

xcalx: I WISH I WAS BESIDE YOU TOO!! I MISS YOU BUUUUUUUUUD!!!

me: I miss you too Cal...hey, how's Petunia doing?

xcalx: SHE'S FINE! YOUR MUM IS TAKING CARE OF HER TOO!! 

I left him on read. I love talking to him but sometimes, he can really really obnoxious and it's extremely tiring when you're talking to him. The line I was in was finally moving along so I was getting closer to the stand and it made me happy. I looked around the room and my eyes landed on a girl who was standing the line next to me. I caught her looking at me and once I saw her, she turned away. I kind of examined her a little bit.

She wore glasses and had her hair up in a messy bun. She was also wearing sweats. Exactly what I would wear but I guess I can prepared and actually giving a shit about what I look like. I turned my back into the position it was at so I just minded my own business. All of a sudden, I felt someone staring at me. I looked to my right and no one was staring at me. Then I looked to my left and it was the same girl from a couple minutes ago. I made eye contact with her and once I did, she smiled and waved at me.

Of course like the person I am, I kindly waved back and was a little weirded out by that. I was finally at the front of the line. "Name?" The man asked. "Hemmings, Luke Hemmings?" He nodded his head and turned around. He checked through the 'H' box and pulled out a sheet of paper. "An Aussie huh? It's a good change for an Australian to be here. It's mainly Americans here so it's nice to have someone from another continent here." "Yeah, it's pretty special I suppose. I'll be the odd one out, aye?" "Yeah I guess! Uh, Hemmings?"

"Yes!" I said excitedly. "Here you go! I hope you have a good school year!" "Thank you!" He smiled at me and began to help out the person behind me. I checked my first period and it was English. Oh god, I hate English. I was horrible at it in high school, what's gonna make me think that college level English is any better? As I was walking away, I felt a little tap on my right shoulder. I turned around to find that same girl who was staring at me, smiling at me. "Hi, my name is Izzy." She said and holding out her hand, ready for me to shake it.

"Hi Izzy, I'm Luke. Nice to meet you!" She held onto my hand and took a pen out. Strange as it was, I didn't take my hand back. I just watched her write whatever she was writing and just left it there. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to say that you're really cute and maybe we could hang out sometime? That's my room number." She said, pointing at the number she wrote down. "Sorry.." She said apologizing again and then running off to god knows where.

Izzy huh? She seemed pretty cute. Maybe I'll go over to her place later.

///

qotd; did ya'll catch the songs i managed to put in there?