{3}

Kyle's PoV
Continued from end of Kyle's last chapter.
As soon as the door closed behind me I broke into a sprint. I didn't know where I was going, but I just had to get away from everyone. I ran all the way to Starks Pond, before I contemplated breathing.

I felt my chest burning like it was set on fire by a cheap lighter. I put my hands on my knees, gulping down air. I was not in shape to be running that far, that fast.

After a moment, I felt around for my phone. I pulled it out of my pocket and immediately powered it down. I was 99% sure that no one would notice my disappearance or even bother calling. The most likely scenario that was probably occurring at this moment, would be Stan and Cartman fighting over Wendy.

It happened a lot more than anyone would care for.

I started to walk around the large Pond, trying to clear my mind. The last thing I wanted was for this to blow up in my face. Maybe I didn't even like Stan in that way?

Maybe I just admired his magnetic abilities of attraction, or perhaps his good looks.

Maybe even his hot tempered ways, or the way he concentrated during baseball games.

Maybe even how the light gleamed whenever it hit his hair or the way his eyes sparkled with emotion no matter what happened.

Oh no, this is not good.

I felt my face heat up, and immediately put my head in my hands. My heart was pumping like crazy, and I doubt it was from all of the last minute exercise I'd done.

I stood there for a minute, head in hands, and just listened to the leaves rustling and the water gently splashing.

I decided to sit down on the dirt and skip a couple of rocks on the crystal blue water. My face cooled and my thoughts cleared.

And I pulled out my phone, switching it on.

My immediate reaction to the surplus amount of Stan's messages was to hold in a squeal.

Screw it, I squealed.

Afterwards, I started to panic. If Stan saw me leave that easily, everyone must think something's up. And why was Stan messaging me? Maybe he got lucky with Wendy and was excited, or maybe he was trying to rant about Cartman.

I sighed, letting all of the happiness that consumed me drain away. I started scrolling through everything. I was slightly surprised at first until my phone rang one last time, but just as I was about to hit the answer button, Stan hung up.

I slumped farther down in the dirt. I put my knees up, and rested my arms on them. I decided to ignore my phone for once. I could always call back later, and it wasn't like a child predator was after me. Stan knew when I needed space, so I hope he realized that, that time was now.

I watched the water for a while longer before seeing a silhouette in the distance by a bench. It was two people talking. One was tall and muscular and the other short and... Butters?

Why was Butters by himself? Did he get grounded again? I slowly rose to my feet. I made sure my phone was in my pocket before making my way around to where Butters and the tall guy were.

I was just about to reveal myself from a conveniently place bush when I heard a distinct voice.

"Are you sure you haven't seen Kyle around Butters? He just disappeared earlier, and are you sure you'll be fine out here by yourself? I could always get Kenny." Stan said.

I sucked in a breathe, practically burning a whole through the bush with my eyes.

"N-no sir-ee Stan, I sure haven't seen Kyle around here as o-of late. Also, please d-don't drag Kenny into this. I don't need another bottom bitch." Butters said quickly, trying to end the conversation as fast as possible.

Stan simply sighed before turning on his heels and walking away. A sigh of relief emanated from Butters. I quickly let out the air that I was holding and whipped out my phone.

I was soon standing behind a bush with Stan a mere three meters away from me with a phone pressed to my ear.

Within the first two rings he had the device out and on speaker phone blowing up my ear with questions. I was internally fighting myself to keep from ending the call right then and there.

Why was I acting this way?

What the fuck changed my mind?

I took a deep breathe before cutting off Stan's ramblings.

"I'm fine dude. I just needed some air, you know? It was getting stuffy in there with all of the... uh... hormones." I said, hoping he would by my excuse.

Stan went quiet on his end, causing me to look over to where he was standing. He was digging in the dirt with the tip of his shoe, probably mulling over something to say.

After a moment, Stan replied, "But then where did you go? You fucking disappeared faster than a bag of Cheesy Poofs around Cartman." This caused me to break out into a loud laugh, basically blowing my cover.

"Oh shit." I said as Stan whipped around to face me with Butters having magically disappeared.

"KYLE YOU BITCH!" Stan screamed as he stared me down.

"You were right there this whole time? I was worried sick! What if what almost happened to Tweek actually happened to you?" he said, voice laced with concern and worry.

I shrugged my shoulders before ending the call, shoving my phone back in my pocket, and strolling towards Stan nonchalantly. He crossed his arms and gave me a funny look.

"What Darsh? Got a problem with you best friend's hobbies?" I said, brushing past him. I took a few more steps before Stan grabbed my arm, turning me around to face him.

He stared at me for a bit before saying, "Token said that he's going to throw a Christmas party tomorrow night, but even though you're Jewish you still have to come."

I raised an eyebrow at him. Was he forcing me to go to some stupid party where I'd just idly stand in a corner all night while he got drunk off his ass? Did I even get a say in this?

I decided to 'creatively' speak up.

"Are you, Stan Marsh, forcing me to go to a goddamn Christmas party that I will literally do nothing at just to be your designated driver?" I said, quickly tapping my foot anxiousl.

Stan gave me a devilish grin.

"That's what Super Best Friends are for, am I right?" he said as he slung his arm over my shoulder.

It was just a simple act of friendship, but it made me brighter then a cherry.

As we started walking back to our line of houses, Stan decided to ask another question.

He said, " Are you okay Kyle? You look really warm."

I tried my best not to make an awkward noise, but probably failed horribly.

"I'm fine Stan. Thanks by the way." I said.

He gave me a small smile. It may have been tiny, but I knew he was genuinely happy to see me. We walked in silence to our houses, where we split ways. As soon as my front door shut, I ran up to my room and locked the door.

I let loose a howl of inner bliss. Stan looked for me.

He cares.

He invited me to a party, even if it's as friends.

I was practically living a dream!

I plopped down onto my bed with a satisfying thud and covered my face with my hands. I was blushing and trying not to flail around like a dying animal.

It didn't work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heya! Chapter 3 is now up and sorry if they seem a bit out of character. It's hard to come up with this stuff on a blown fuse. Also! {X} chapters are now going to be Kyle while (X) is Stan! Chapter 4 will be up sometime tonight! XD -Author~Chan