{12}

Kyle's PoV

Sometime while Kenny was barricading his door. (I've lost track of the timing lol.)

I was growing exceedingly frustrated with the hot blond that wasn't responding to my messages as well as him having completely up and vanish. 

I was no longer worried, I was pissed.

He can't just confess his feelings right when he thinks everything between Stan and I will turn out alright.

He can't just confess his feelings when I've started to realize that maybe I've noticed him but am now coming to the conclusion that I was blind for all of these years.

And he most definitely, cannot confess his feelings then just disappear

 I was done searching the small town. I had returned home and went up to my room, flopping onto my bed.

I heard a knock sound from downstairs, and immediately jumped up, practically flying down the staircase towards the door.

I flung it open only to be greeted by someone's chest.

Stan.

I backpedaled a bit. For the first time in years, I didn't blush or avert my gaze. I stared right into his eyes, and saw him look away.

I started tapping my foot impatiently, crossing my arms.

"Listen Kyle," he said, "I'm really sorry about making things weird between us and I really think we need to talk."

I sighed, grabbing the bridge of my nose.

I grabbed Stan's wrist and led him up to my room, closing and locking the door. I then went and shut the curtains, not bothering to close the window. I didn't want anyone to hear or see what would happen, good or bad. 

I turned around after quickly collecting my thoughts  and glared daggers straight through Stan.

"If you meant everything, even slightly, then why do you torture me every single fucking day with Wendy? Can you answer me that Stan? Or, maybe, why if you like me as much as you said, then why the fucking hell did you keep avoiding me? You only spoke to me when we were around other people." I said, voice icy and sharp. 

I started tapping my foot again, wanting desperately to get an answer out of him.

After a moment and no reply I blew up.

"Fine then, don't give me a fucking answer Stan. It's not like we're supposed to be Super Best Friends. It's not like we've told each other everything since birth. You know what? Scratch that, since you probably have a lot of things you've told to Wendy instead of me. Like, for instance, how you made the spot as quarterback this year." I said, almost screaming. 

It felt good to let everything loose and just yell out my frustrations.

"It also doesn't help, that you won't talk to me about any of this. I liked you. No. I think I loved you, and you hardly treated me as a friend. I realized that at the party. You didn't notice anything off with me. You didn't notice how I usually hate parties but for once I decided to go and be part of the crowd. You didn't notice how Kenny and I started hanging out more, and that he made me happy." I said, voice growing quiet as I said the last part.

I took in a deep breathe and stood there for a few minutes. I let out a chalky laugh with tears streaming down my face.

I was done with emotions that it felt like my heart would jump out of my chest and run away for good.

"I can't begin to imagine what I put you through, Kyle. I was a dick. Hell, I am a dick. I thought about everything I've done and I decided to better myself. I split with Wendy for good. I made sure to get an extra ticket to our first game if you wanted to go, and I, for sure, as hell won't force you to go or talk to me ever again, but I need an answer." Stan said, taking a step closer to me.