Chapter 28 - Now Or Never

(Beca POV)

Sam and I have been sitting outside for a solid hour or so... I couldn't force myself to go back in yet.

I finally stopped being a sook and cleaned myself up... until I started crying again...

But finally is stopped and got myself together before I was ready to go back in.

After a quick stop to the bathroom, I give my knuckles a quick clean, trying to get rid of the small dots of dried blood.

Underneath my knuckles are a dark red colour from the impact they had taken, and not going to deny the fact that are aching very badly.

I step back out of the bathroom to see Sam leaning against the wall, waiting for me patiently,

With Sam following silently, we made our way back to Chloe's room to see Amy sitting outside.

Once Amy heard us approaching she stood up and met me half way, "is everything okay?" I say as she nods.

"Yeah, the Doctor came by earlier and said she was being released tomorrow but I need to head home and pack... I leave for the Cayman Islands tomorrow morning" she says as I almost feel relieved, knowing I get to take Chloe home.

"Okay, well I'll drop by tonight to help you sort things out but I might stay the night here again..." Amy nods while her eyes switch to Sam.

"This is Sam by the way, my assistant" I say as Amy smirks a little towards Sam, making me almost giggle.

"The names fat Amy" she says to Sam with a wink while I look back to see Sam trying to give her a small smile, but I could see he was a little uncomfortable.

"I'll just be in with Chloe" I say as his eyes switch to me, his smile dropping as he realise I'm leaving him with Amy.

I mouth a quick 'good luck' before turning and stepping towards the door before opening it.

Several eyes flicker to me as I freeze, forgetting that both of Chloe's parents are here, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to inter-" I started because Chloe's mom stops me.

"Don't be silly Beca, come on in" She says laughing as I give her a small smile as Chloe grins at her mother's words.

"Hi, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself before... I'm Beca" I say walking towards her parents.

I don't really know what to do but as I go to hold my hand out for a shake, her mother pulls me in for a quick hug.

"I've heard so much about you Beca, it's finally nice to meet you!" She says as we pull away from a hug.

"Oh gosh.... well... I can't really imagine what Chloe has said" I say scratching the back of my neck as I look over to see Chloe give me a quick wink.

"Incredible things actually! I've heard you've got quite a good ear for music" she says as I suddenly begin to feel awkward.

"Umm, I guess that's one way you could put it" I say not really knowing how to go about this.

I hear Chloe chuckle at how awkward I felt, my eyes switching to her amused ones.

"So I heard they are letting you come home tomorrow?" I say raising an eyebrow as Chloe grins and nods.

"Yeah, I've got another ultrasound in the morning and if that's all good then I can leave" she says nodding as I lean back against the table by the side of the room.

"That's great! And now I'm back I can wait on you foot and hand until you're one hundred percent again" I say as Chloe rolls her eyes and shakes her head.