Chapter 34 - First Day

The amount of times I have written and then deleted only to rewrite this chapter is ridiculous 😅😅

Sorry it's been so long! I'm back now!

(Beca POV)

As the bus pulls up to the stop near our apartment, I quickly adjust my bag over my shoulder before making my way off it.

First day down and dusted and it was awesome.

I was so nervous this morning, stepping through the doors of the label. I didn't know what to expect.

Sure I've had a job at a label before, but I've never been in this type of position, being the artist.

I adjust the strap of my laptop bad over my shoulder as I begin to walk down the street from the bus stop as I continue to grin to myself.

I couldn't have wished for a better first day, everyone was so nice and welcoming! They let me throw my ideas out there and say back and listened.

There has only been one downside to today, and that's the fact that I couldn't get a certain person out of my mind.

All day. All god damn day.

She is what has been running through my mind. Chloe.

I would be sitting at a desk, trying to focus on the meeting but my mind just keeps flickering back to this morning...

I woke up to have her pressed against my back, her head rested on the back of my neck and her arms right around my waist.

I was shocked to feel her holding me like that... shocked and a little upset.

But I was also happy.

I was happy that she was comfortable enough to be that close to me even though she knows I have feelings for her.

I have thought about calling her or texting her... but I know she is spending the day with her parents before they have to leave so I don't want to interrupt.

I've decided just to wait until I got back to the apartment, to see how she was feeling today.

I don't know whether it was waking up to her like that, or the fact that my first day went so well but I'm in such a good mood.

I open the door to our apartment building before making my way through the hallway to the elevators.

I make my way up to our floor in silence, a small smile still tugging at my lips, feeling my mood lift even more as I make our way towards our door.

I put my key in the lock and turn the knob to push the door open, expecting the room to be empty.

I jump slightly as the sight of Chloe sitting on the bed with her laptop in front of her.

"Holy-" I bit my lip as I press my hand to my chest, Chloe's eyes flickering up to me before a smirk plays at her lips.

"Hey... I didn't think you'd be back yet" I say lifting my bag off my shoulder before sitting it by the door before closing our apartment door behind me.