its all ok i swear

Zach's pov

I slightly groaned as I sat up I rubbed my eyes I looked at the calendar in my room dam already November. I got up I slightly streched I went over to my closet I grabbed a large white hoodie and black skinny jeans. I went into my bathroom I took a quick shower and did my hair when I left my bathroom I grabbed my art project I had finally finished it. I grabbed my backpack I put it on I walked out my room I carfully looked around I let out a quite sigh of relief. My dad was passed out on the couch at least he's not awake I went into the kitchen I grabbed a banana. I quickly ate it and threw the peal away I heard a loud groan from the living I quickly left the house. I started walking I sighed when I relised I left my earbuds in my room dang it I can't listen to music. After a few minutes of walking I heard a car drive by I recognized it was Jonahs car he pulled up. I slightly smiled he rolled down his window "you know the drill kid" I quickly got into the passenger side jonah spoke "chose an nct sub unit" I shrugged "nct U". I quickly buckeled up jonah started driving this was slowly becoming a normal thing jonah would drive me to school almost three times a week. We we're both silent as nct played I broke the silence "hows your morning been?" Jonah just shrugged his eyes not leaving the road. I asked "why Are you so quite all of a sudden?" Jonah spoke "I just feel weird" I hummed. I looked out the window looking at the houses we we're passing "what do you mean you feel weird?" I asked not looking at jonah. I heard jonah sigh "don't ask it doesn't matter" I was silent. We both were silent we occasionally looked at each other but those glances only lasted a few seconds. When we got to school we immediately went are separate ways I quickly went over to Daniel and jack. I spoke "hey guys" the both of them immediately looked at me they smiled.

Jonahs pov

I sighed as I sat down on a bench what is that kid doing to me I felt bad for not talking to Zach he seemed worried. Something about zach just made me feel weird I've never felt like this before no one else has ever made me feel so confused it was honestly scary. I looked around my eyes Immediately landing on Zach I don't know why I keep finding myself looking at him I never mean to my eyes just always go to him. I watched him talk to his friends he looked happy I felt a small smile form on my face I heard corbyn "who you smiling at". I quickly shook my head I looked to my left I saw corbyn he was now sat next to me I didn't even relise he had sat down. I spoke "no one just thinking" corbyn immediately saw through my lie "let's see who's all over there maybe you were staring at hmmmmm...... Stacy?". I rolled my eyes "she's weird" corbyn hummed "the nerdy chick" I looked over to Zach I spotted a tall girl her hair slicked back in a short style near him. I looked back at corbyn "ok she's cool but no" corbyn groaned "dammit who do you like?" I shrugged "no one" corbyn huffed "at least tell me your type I need to get you a girlfriend you seen lonely man". I didn't protest "I like someone short of course short hair long hair is annoying I like someone who's cute on the outside but you know......like one of the guys" corbyn hummed. I spoke "look corbyn I don't really need a girlfriend I don't want a girlfriend" corbyn snapped his fingers "ahh I get it you want a boyfriend!" I glared at corbyn "I will smack you". Corbyn put his hands up "ok sorry girl you want a girl got it" I heard the first bell ring I got up corbyn close behind me.

Zachs pov

I smiled when I walked into art class I sat with my friends everyone was here. Went the bell rang he spoke "ok class today your projects are due you will be presenting them to the class" I felt the color in my face drain. I heard I few people mumbling about how they didn't want to the teacher spoke "I made sure not to tell you that till now since I didn't want you guys to hold back with this I knew if I told everyone this was a presentation thing many if you would hold back your emotions". I raised my hand the teacher spoke "yes zach" I spoke my voice quite "I c-cant" the teacher smiled "Zach you've presented before this isn't any different you got this". I was silent as people presented when Daniel went up I payed close attention he spoke without shame. He spoke "this drawing is ment to show the struggle I and many lgbtq people face how we are constantly pushed down for something we simply cannot control" the class was silent. He continued "I drew the two center figures protecting a glowing red heart this of course stands out from the dark colors used it's memt to show them protecting there love through all the hate". Daniel went in about his drawing going into depth about his emotions his final sentence really got to me "in the end this shows how my life feels everyday an endless cycle of hate and hurt just so I can love someone of course you guys don't care why would you I'm just a worthless fag" Daniel took this project. Almost everyone gasped when he ripped it in half and handed it to the teacher "it was useless from the start" he came back and sat next to me. I was silent even the teacher was froze he slowly spoke "o-ok Sam is um....n-next" Sam got up.

A few presentations later

I was silent when the teacher called on me I didn't move he spoke "come on Zach no one will judge" I spoke "I can't" the teacher sighed "Zach come on you never have problems presenting what's up?" I looked down at my project I looked back up at the teacher I spoke "p-please I'll just take a zero". He sighed "I'd like to talk to you after class" I looked down Daniel patted my back.

After class

When everyone was out the class I went up to the teacher "sir I'm-" he cut me off "call me Jin not like anyone's around". I was quite Jin sighed "come on let me look at your project" I handed him the rolled up piece of paper. He took off the rubber band and unrolled it he looked at it his eyes went wide "holy shit" it was a drawing of me well two drawings of me a large raggid line was drawn down the center on the left it was a drawing of me in a field. The colors were bright and everything looked peaceful and cute but the left side was a whole different story. The left side was me on my knees my body bloody eyes dull my facial expression was one of pain red tears falling from my face. I spoke "don't worry to Much jin" he was silent I spoke "could I please have my project back" Jin slowly rolled up my project and handed it to me I put my rubber band around it I softly smiled at Jin "I'll see you tommorow hope you have a good day" I left the room I smile on my face. I went into my music class I gave the teacher a note I got from jin I went over to Daniel I got out my violin. Daniel spoke "hey you don't have to smile zach". I shook my head and slightly chuckled my smile falling for a second I spoke "you know it's best if I keep smiling that's what people like" Daniel looked back at his music book. I quickly got mine out my bag and grabbed a music stand I sat next to Daniel he asked "do you think I could see your project after school?" I shrugged "sure".

After school

I looked around trying to find Daniel I suddenly felt someone grab my arm I looked at the person I spoke "why didn't you just call my name you almost scared me" Daniel shrugged "I wanted to see if I could scare you". Daniel slightly pulled me along he spoke "your coming with me" I stopped I spoke "Daniel you know I can't just go to your house" Daniel stopped. I spoke "I'll have to ask my parents" Daniel turned and looked at me he spoke "if that will get you in trouble then please don't ask". I looked down at the rolled up art work in my hand I looked at Daniel "hey could you maybe hold on to this for me for a bit I think my dad gets off work early today and you know how he is with stuff like this" I asked. Daniel quickly grabbed my art work "of course Zach now go I don't want you being late beacuse of me" I quickly walked away.