Chapter 4

The sun was just beginning to set. Wisps of warm orange and red reached for the clouds, tainting the light blue of the sky. Dean walked into the house, whistling the tune of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. Inside, Castiel looked as though he hadn't moved from his spot since they started watching Dr. Sexy the night before. The screen being the only thing that lit the interior, with the shades all drawn and everything, Dean's first thought was how much of a hermit the guy looked.

He entered into the hallway, heading straight for the kitchen to grab a beer. Quickly hitting the cap free from the glass bottle, making sure to throw the cap away, he joined Castiel on the couch just as two of the side characters started to get busy in the janitor's closet. He took a long drink, ignoring the shifting from beside him.

As the scene unraveled, the character's clothes came off, and it started to get pretty heated. The shifting increased, so Dean risked a fleeting glance Castiel's way.

It took him a minute to understand what just happened.

"Dude, it's not even porn," Dean stressed. "How do you pop a boner just watching two people take their pants off?"

Slowly, Castiel looked to his lap. "I, I don't understand," he said. "Angels don't feel pleasure the same way humans do. I shouldn't be reacting like this."

"Jesus, Cas, go take care of it or something." Dean scrunched up his nose, looking away. He shook his head. "Two men don't just sit next to each other with boners."

"There is nothing wrong with the way the human body works, Dean."

"It's uncomfortable."

"It's nature."

Dean looked back to the angel, his green eyes meeting Castiel's blue ones. "Call it whatever you want, man, it's gross."

At first, Castiel didn't say anything. He just looked at him with that weird intensity that made Dean tense up even more.

"Do you have a problem with my vessel's appearance?"

Dean looked away, taking the time to down a few large gulps of beer. "No." His voice came out breathy, which was humiliating in itself, but even worse now that Dean could feel his own body react. He glanced over at Castiel, who was still looking at him. "It has nothing to do with your damn meat suit and has everything to do with the fact that we're both dudes."

"Dean." Castiel tilted his head, and damn if that didn't make matters worse. "Angels do not have genders," he said. "We are spiritual beings with no real physical body. I myself am just a wavelength of celestial intent, despite you being able to physically touch me." Slowly, warily, he reached out to place a hand on Dean's arm. Dean sucked in a breath, but did not flinch away from the contact. "To angels, gender is not a deciding factor in choosing our partners."

And hell, if that wasn't some weird ass angel pickup line then Dean didn't know what was.

They looked at each other as Dean brought the bottle up to his lips, tipping it back to take one last swig of the remaining liquid before setting it on the coffee table. He'd only had about half of the beer, but something told him he'd want to be as sober as humanly possible for what he was hoping to happen next. His eyes flicked down to Castiel's lips, pink and full and- wow, there's no way Dean could actually go through with this. He was a guy for crying out loud! He didn't have anything against other dudes being gay or bisexual or whatever the hell else there was out there, but Dean? No. No way.

But then Castiel leaned in and all of his previous thoughts vanished into nothing. His mind fogged over and all he was focused on was how close the angel was to him. How full his lips were. How intensely blue his eyes were. They shared air for a second, and then Dean's breath was taken away when Castiel pressed their lips together in a long, smooth kiss.

An angel just kissed him – fuck, an angel was kissing him! And really that little push was all Dean needed to go further. It was shocking that Castiel was such a good kisser, since he'd never really been able to picture the guy with anyone, but there was probably so much more that Dean didn't actually know about him and that was something he really didn't want to think about in a time like this.

Instead Dean gently pushed the angel backwards onto the couch so that he was laying on top of him. He broke their lips apart to straddle him, and then trailed little kisses down his jawline, stopping at the base of his neck. He'd never been so turned on in his life, his stomach burning with hot pleasure, his heart racing in anticipation, his mind telling him he needed more. Starving for friction, Dean started to grind their hips together. Castiel's immediate response only fueled the flames in his lower belly, and he drew his lips around a part of his skin, sucking at the angel's neck.

Castiel moaned, actually moaned, and moved his hands up to Dean's shoulders.

He left marks on the angel, something he hadn't done in a while. He'd never felt so territorial before. Pulling himself away from him, Dean started to take the coat and blazer off Castiel, who quickly figured out what was happening and helped him remove the articles of clothing. Once that was finished, Castiel pulled Dean down for another kiss.

Dean chuckled at his eagerness, his hands fumbling to unbutton the dress shirt he'd been wearing. He pulled away to take off the Biggerson's tee he still had on, discarding it to the floor. They watched each other for a moment, Dean shirtless and Castiel with his chest exposed, and then Dean leaned back down for another kiss, his body rocking slowly – too slowly – against the angel's.

This time, his hand went from resting on his abs to sliding under his pants.

The groan that elicited from Castiel was muffled by Dean's lips. His fingers had buried themselves into Dean's soft, almost silky hair. Castiel pulled away from him to look into his eyes again, but he could hardly see the green past lust blown pupils.

"Dean," he sighed out, moving his hands down his neck and back to rest on his shoulders. He frowned, massaging small circles into his shoulder blades. "I don't think I can do this."

Concerned, Dean took his hand out from Castiel's boxers. "You okay, Cas?"

"It's just..." he paused, glancing down to look at Dean's lips. He leaned in, pressing a kiss to the corner of his mouth, followed by another on the cheek.

Dean chuckled. "You're giving me mixed signals here, buddy."

Castiel pulled away again, moving one hand to where he had just pressed his lips and caressing the man's cheek. "A relationship between an angel and a human is deeply frowned upon."

Dean's shoulders sagged, his pupils starting to shrink up again as he stared at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Cas, it's just sex."

The angel's expression hardened immediately, his eyes narrowing and his eyebrows drawing together. He pulled his hands away from Dean, who quickly understood and got off of him. Before Dean could say anything else on the matter, Castiel disappeared, leaving only the fluttering sound of his wings behind.

Whether it happened because of the lingering silence, or because he just realized how big of an idiot he was, Dean slammed his fist down onto the coffee table, shouting, "Damn it!" to someone who wasn't even there.