1st part

Yoongi was lying alone on the couch in his living room, staring into his surroundings with a deep sigh. This was how it always was. Him, alone in the big and extravagant house he lived in. This had been his every day ever since his father had died. Not that the man had been around much, nor much company when actually he was.

He sighed.

Min Yoongi was in fact the owner of a huge mansion in one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in Seoul. In his eyes though, owning a mansion was unnecessary. Similarly, the big house was filled with too many unnecessarily big rooms and these rooms were further filled with even more unnecessary things.

He sighed again as he eyed the room he was seated in. In front of him in the living room, he had a huge flat screen TV and the couch he was currently sitting on was made from expensive, white leather and had come together with a matching pair of chairs that were situated on each end of the exclusive, marble coffee table in front of him. He even owned the huge chandelier that was hanging proudly from the ceiling above him.

Quite literally, Min Yoongi had every item a man could ever want. What he didn't have though, was something that he personally wanted. He had never been materialistic, never cared much for all the gadgets and expensive brands his rich father had pushed onto him. Instead, the only thing he wanted was to not be alone. He wanted someone who would share the giant house and all of its pride with him. Because as he stared at the greatness of it all, the big and grand were only more of a bitter reminder to him, of the fact that he was all alone. He wanted the mansion that he had inherited from his deceased father to be filled with someone instead of all the somethings.

A loud groan filled the empty surroundings as Yoongi sat up on the couch. He needed something to break this excruciating silence. Sometimes it got too much, too endearing and too lonely. Now was one of those times. Frustrated, he grabbed his phone that was laying on the marble table in front of him, calling the first and most recent number on the contact list. The one he called every time he needed a distraction and some company.

It was only two days since the last time he called. He sighed at the realization, this occurrence was getting more and more frequent.

The instant he pressed the call button, awaiting beeps from the other side filled the room. Yoongi huffed quietly, he thought they seemed way too loud in the contrasting silence around him.

After a few more repeats, the sound was cut off as the other end picked up. A small smile appeared on Yoongi's lips at that. Namjoon always picked up.

"Hello hyung!" The deep voice of his friend and colleague sounded from the other line.

"Hey Namjoon." Yoongi answered back, his smile growing a bit further on his lips. "Are you free to come over?" He asked him. In the background, Yoongi heard what sounded like the faint sound of a car engine on the other side.

"Ah, hold on for a second hyung." Namjoon said quickly. From the sounds that followed, Yoongi assumed that the other was shuffling around, putting his phone down somewhere in the process. Then it seemed like the shuffling stopped. Yoongi would've thought the younger actually had the nerve to hang up on him for a moment but knew that wasn't the case due to the continuous rumbling of the motor on the other side. He didn't mind listening to that sound for a bit as Namjoon settled. It was at least better than silence.

Finally, after some more shuffling (most likely from the other to pick his phone up from wherever he had put it), Namjoon answered "No, I'm sorry Yoongi hyung, I can't tonight." Yoongi sighed slightly at the response. He didn't blame the other for having plans. In comparison to himself, Namjoon was a social butterfly and had more friends than he knew of himself. It was rare that he had an evening to spare. Still, it wasn't a rare occurrence for the younger to cancel other events for his sake either. Yoongi guessed he had never told his friend just how much he appreciated that. He hoped Namjoon knew.