Chapter 15

I jump back from the door in surprise, as the women mimics me. I stare at the door in shock. I walk closer to the door as the women disappears from in front of the window. When I reach the door I climb over the ruble, and knock on the window again. This time, there's no one there.

I back up again, looking at the mess blocking the door. I carefully slide my hands under the ruble. Just has fast as the women disappeared, the mess blocking the door was gone.

I more back to the door, grabbing the handle. 

To my surprise the door is unlocked.

I open the door slowly, and walk through as the door close's behind me. I look around the room, finding nothing. It looks like a office of some sort. There's a desk near a big window that touches the floor, and goes all the way to the ceiling. I walk over to the desk, looking at it's context. There's just papers, a lamp, and a cup with some pens in it. I reach over to look at them, but stop when I hear the sound of something being picked up behind me. I turn around then-WHAM!!!

I fall to the ground, groaning "Ow" I say trying to stand up.

"Who are you!?!" I hear a voice call from behind me.

I turn around quickly seeing the strawberry blonde standing there, with a chair in her hands. 

"I-I umm" I stutter, crawling away from her " Y-your friendly n-neighborhood Spider man."

She stares at me for a moment.

I turn my attention to the chair she's still holding " p-please don't h-hit me again" I say my voice cracking. 

Her stare turns into a confused glare, but she places the chair down. She walks closer to me, then moves down to sit in front of me. We stay like that for a minute before she starts to slowly reach out to me. I don't know why but I flinched away.    

She had a sad look on her face " Hey" she said in a soft voice, holding her hand out to me. I look at her hand, then back to her. I reach my hand out, and grab hers. 

She pulls me up, and we just stare at each other again.

"so, um, if you don't mind" I say, still a bit scared "who are you?"

Once again she just stares at me.

I look away from her stare this time.

"Pepper" I hear her say " Pepper Potts"

I look back at her, and with a cheerful voice I say " well it's nice to meet you Mrs. Potts, even tho' you did hit me over the head with a...." I trail off looking at the chair, then back to her " Metal chair....... yeah that's going to leave a mark in the morning" I say jokingly, and to my surprise, she giggled.

"yeah..sorry about that" she says " It's not everyday you meet a man dressed up like a spider." She looks at me and gives me a warm smile.

I open my mouth about to say something but I stop when I fill the building began to shake. So much, Mrs. Potts fell forward. I catch her, before she can hit the ground.

After a few seconds the shaking stops, and I help Mrs. Potts stand. 

"Are you ok?" I ask.

"yeah, yeah I'm ok" She says trying to check her breath.

I have to get her and these kids out of here as soon as possible. I look at Mrs. Potts.

"Mrs. Potts, I have to get you out of here" I say " It's not safe"

"I know but there are children in the building" she say " I've been trying to get out and find them."

"Mrs. Potts, I'll help the kids" I say "but I need to get you to safety first."

She shakes her head " No, there's no way to get to them, they locked all the doors to the rooms above mine."

"Well...." I say turning my head to the window.

" Are any of the windows locked?" I ask turning back to her. 

She looks at me, then pulls out a phone, and starts scrolling through. After a few seconds she looks back up at me.

"All the windows are unlocked excepted the room they're in." she says putting her phone away " But you could go through one of the vents that leads into the room." 

"I guess that could work, but you have to get out of here-""let me stop you right there, Spider Man."

I stop talking.

"It's my job to make sure everybody who walks into a Stark building makes it out alive, so you can either help me, or leave."

"I-I umm......ok?" I say with a confused and slightly scared voice.

She smiled proudly, as she walked over to the window.

"So" she says "how are we doing this?"

I walk to the window and stand next to her.

"Well....I have an idea...but I don't think you'll like it"

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's not my favorite but it'll do.

I may come back and edit this one a bit, unless you guys like it how it is now. So if you do want that I don't mind.

But yeah hope you enjoyed, more chapters coming soon, peace.

~Riley

869 words