02 ; uselessness

a heavy mood loomed in the room like a thick, darkened, fog.

ichigo's chest raised and flattened at a rapid rate. she was yelling at zero two. everyone looked at zero two with the same face, one she knew all too well. they looked at her like a monster, like an animal that had escaped it's cage.

ichigo kept yelling, tears brimming her eyes. a dark shadow was cast over zero two's face.

"ichigo," y/n spoke up.

everyone but zero two was slightly taken aback by this. you see, code 013 or y/n as squad 13 addressed her, was highly standoffish. she hated yelling and hardly injected herself into conversation when she wasn't directly involved.

"that's enough, she didn't intend for any of this," 013 sighed.

"she killed your partner, rin's death was her fault!" ichigo was about to continue.

goro, ichigo's partner, placed his hand gently atop her shoulder, telling her to stop.

the room slowly emptied, leaving zero two alone with y/n.

"you don't look at me like them," the pink haired female spoke.

y/n lifted her head to meet zero two's eyes.

"you look at me as if you pity me," she continued.

she got closer and closer to y/n until her back was up against the wall and trapped between zero two's arms.

"i hate it, don't look at me like that. don't look at me like them, either. look at me differently," zero two instructed, y/n could tell she was trying her best to sound intimidating.

code 013 found it easy to spot since the event, 002 was clearly distraught by the death of 016.

zero two turned her back to y/n and aggressively bit on her nail.

"please," zero two said in almost a whisper, as if she didn't want y/n to hear.

-

since both 002 and 013 were left without a partner, they simply stood by as nana explained the mission to squad 13. zero two was casually leaning on the wall with a green lollipop lazily hung in her mouth. y/n stood aside her teammates in deep thought.

'zero two has purpose, unlike myself. will i end up missing like the rest of the children..?' she thought to herself. though, her face remained blank, aside from her slightly narrowed eyes.

the able members of squad 13 left to their franxx, while zero two and y/n watched them with nana.

as the time passed the fight between the members of squad 13 and the klaxosaurs became more heated by the second. y/n's concern was growing as well. y/n could tell they were running out of steam. y/n sighed in relief as it seemed there were no more klaxosaurs.

as if y/n had just jinxed her friends, a very large high level klaxosaur emerged from the ground, shaking and cracking it for what seemed like miles.

y/n's breath hitched as her calm and collected composure began to deteriorate faster by the second. miku's scream snapped her back into reality, they were going to die. her friends, no, family, were going to die.