03 ; two of a kind

013's eyes dilated.

"i have to help them, they're going to die," 013 spoke sternly.

"you can't, there's no one for you to ride with," nana said.

"what about another squad can't you send one as back-up?" 013 continued.

nana shook her head and diverted her eyes back to the screen. 013 began pacing with her gazed glued to the ground. more of her teammates panicked screams racked through the speaker.

"y/n," zero two said.

y/n's head shot up to the horned girl.

"you want to save them right? are you ready to die? give anything a try?" zero two sighed.

"yes," y/n's voice was stern, filled to the brim with seriousness.

"then so be it," zero two grabbed y/n by the hand and the two began running, zero two leading the way.

"hey, wait! what are you girls doing?" nana yelled.

neither of the girls looked back.

the pair stood in front of none other than strelitzia. y/n was slightly shocked.

"is it even possible?" y/n questioned.

zero two didn't respond. as she entered the giant mech she took the stamens seat.

"come with me now," she said.

"what?" y/n questioned.

"let me get a taste of you. you are now.. my darling!" zero two grinned reaching her hand out to y/n.

y/n smiled ear to ear, taking zero two's hand. pulling y/n in, their lips connected and strelitzia lit up in amazing colours.

y/n was shocked. two girls shouldn't be able to pilot a franxx together but here she was, piloting one with another girl.

"thank you, really, i appreciate this, no, you," y/n spoke with sincerity.

if she could feel zero two's emotion through their franxx connection, she thought zero two became very happy.

"let's go! we'll wipe the floor with those bastards," zero two grinned.

"yes, let's," y/n agreed.

as strelitzia approached the battle everyone assumed, to their dismay, it was zero two once again piloting the franxx alone again. that is until y/n's voice rang though their intercoms.

"fall back guys, we've got this!" y/n yelled.

"y/n?!" all the teammates yelled.

-

after a bit of fighting strelitzia sliced straight through the large klaxosaur, puncturing it's core, successfully killing it.

"we did it!" y/n yelled.

all the squad 13 members exited their franxx and went to treat their injuries. as y/n was about to exit strelitzia zero two spoke up.

"so, are you willing to ride with me again and take the risk, darling?" zero two asked.