Settling In

No one's POV
As Masky pulled Toby by the wrist through the crowd of creepypastas, Toby tried to look at the man in the eyes but couldn't bring himself to do so. Even though Masky had his mask on Toby could tell that the masked man was straight up pissed. Everyone seemed to go in a different direction, slowly parting from the hallway. Masky's grip only got tighter on Toby's wrist as some of the creepypastas passed the two males.

The pressure that Masky was applying didn't hurt Toby physically, but it was causing emotional hurt by bringing back memories of his father. The ticking boy opened his mouth to ask Masky to let go but closed it when he thought it wouldn't be the best decision. Instead, he tried to keep up the pace with Masky, who was walking quite fast for Toby to be able to catch up with him. Tim was practically dragging Toby along by his wrist, continuously applying pressure.

Toby let out a small whimper as the memories kept on coming. He didn't want to cry in front of Masky, he'd think Toby was weak and he couldn't handle any more insults from anyone. The voices in his head started to murmur quietly, then whisper, then talking, and finally, screaming at him. Toby wanted to hold his head to make them stop but Masky still had his other hand. The boy kept quiet and tried his best to ignore the voices but he just couldn't do it. He whimpered and whined quietly behind the masked man that he was following.

Masky stopped and instead of letting go of Toby, he trailed his hand down from his wrist to his hand. He gripped the ticking boy's hand in his and gave it a tight squeeze. Toby looked up at the masked man, tears welling up in his eyes. Masky stepped closer to Toby, wrapping his arms around him tightly. The boy gasped in slight surprise at the new physical contact he wasn't quite used to, let alone by another male. Toby buried his face in Masky's shoulder to hide his tears. The masked man lets go of Toby's hand and used his own hand to rub the boys' back comfortingly. The action sent shivers up Toby's spine and caused him to arch his back a bit.

Masky's POV
I felt so bad for Toby, the time that he needed me there most, I wasn't there. He could have gotten severely hurt or scarred for life. It didn't look like he was injured but I still should have been around. It's my job to keep him safe and I've already blown it! Great job Masky, way to go, you've just scared Toby so badly that he'll probably try running away when no ones looking! A small whimper escaped the boy behind me so I turned to see what it was.

I realized that I'd been dragging him by his wrist this entire time. The tears in his eyes were slowly spilling into his goggles. A small shock came to me and I didn't have control over what my body was doing. Instead of holding his wrist I held onto his hand and squeezed it to make him look at me. He slowly looked up and his teary eyes met my hazel ones, even if he couldn't see them. I leaned in and wrapped my arms around Toby tightly. He let out an adorable gasp that just made me smile. He buried his face in my shoulder to try and hide his tears but ended up crying more. I pulled him closer to me and rubbed his back, shushing him quietly and telling him that he was okay. He arched his back at this motion and hugged me back.

"I'm so sorry, Toby. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. Please don't leave." I whispered to him.

He laughed lightly and nodded.

"Don't worry Timothy, I'm not going anywhere." He said, with a small chuckle. I smiled back at him and allowed myself to let go of the small ticking boy.

I walked into my room and Toby followed. I shut the door and locked it, for privacy reasons. (No getting dirty in the comment section, I know what you were thinking, you sinners) I watched Toby sit on my bed with absolutely no noise whatsoever. However, as I sat down next to him the bed let out a loud creek. My face flushed and I looked to see if Toby would laugh at me. He didn't, he just smiled softly at me then glared at my bed.

"Shut up you old mattress! I'm not that heavy! I bet you weigh 3 times my weight!" He yelled playfully, puffing his cheeks like an adorable chipmunk.

I chuckled softly under my mask before bursting into laughter and flopping onto the bed. Toby giggled and followed my actions. He grabbed my hand and brought it close to his face, identifying it. It was a bit strange but I allowed him to do whatever he was doing. After about a minute he pressed my hand against his cheek. I jolted away from him in confusion and worry. He looked at me and smiled apologetically, scratching the back of his neck with his bloody bandaged hand.

"S-sorry, I just w-wanted t-to feel heat again." He stuttered with a crack of his neck.

I winced at the noise, but smiled despite it and laughed, lazily waving it off.

"I-it's fine, you just scared me a bit. Sorry." I chuckled nervously, pushing my hand towards Toby.

At first he flinched away from my hand but then he smiled and placed my hand near his head. I smiled at the boy, he looked so peaceful and quiet. We stayed like that a while until he sat up causing me to look up at him. He stared at me for a few seconds looking like he had something to say. I sat up on my elbows to get a better look at him. He hesitated for a bit before he stuttered out, "C-can I listen to y-your h-heartbeat?"

I blinked at him, blush coating my face. The two of us just sat there looking at each other awkwardly. Finally I nodded slightly causing Toby to smile and scoot closer to me. I lay down and he laid at my side, his head on my chest, hand resting on the side of his head.

Toby's POV
I lay my head down on Tim's heart, his chest rising and falling with every peaceful breath. His heart beat rapidly in his chest, it made me feel safe and happy for some reason. I used my free hand to take off my glasses and lower my mouth guard, I didn't need them right now anyway so why use them. The world around me went from tinted orange and heat signatures to ordinary colors like Masky's yellow jacket. I allowed a small smile to creep up across my lips and my eye lids started to feel heavy. (Jeff: You're lucky that you still have eyelids! Author-Chan: Sorry I had to lol)

I shifted to get as comfortable as I could without disturbing Tim. After I was comfortable with my situation, I fully closed my eyes and felt myself drift off to sleep. He warmth of Masky's body felt nice, so nice I had to get closer to it. I felt my own body press up against Masky's and him jolt a bit, his temperature and heartbeat rising. My smile widened at his and his body's actions. Before I was fully asleep I felt Masky wrap his arm around me, pulling me closer. And for a split second, no longer, no less, I felt a small kiss being pressed on the top of my head. I felt my heart beat speed up, pounding in my chest, my heart fluttered for the first time! I smiled but bit my lip so that Tim wouldn't notice me smiling. In a few short minutes I could hear the soft breathing of Masky and could tell that he had fallen asleep. This time, me falling asleep with him. I hope I never have to move from this spot.

Hey guys sorry it took so long! I'm updating one last time on almost all of my stories or just finishing whatever stories I started before. I am now a freshman in high school and won't be able to write very often so I'm sorry but just be patient! Okay thank you! See you next chapter!