Recall

Toby's pov

The guys have been quiet for this whole trip and we've been walking in silence for 6 hours. I am unsure if I should break the silence or just keep quiet. Maybe they are being quiet for a reason. I sighed not knowing what to do, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut and my head down. My legs felt weird and tingly but I am not sure what this feeling was.

"Alright! Let's stop, I'm hungry!" Hoodie said, way too loudly. The three of of us all stopped and sat down, Hoodie on a stump, Masky on a log, and myself on a large rock.

He reached into his backpack and grabbed 3 sub sandwiches, throwing one at Masky, one at me, and one straight up into the air so it fell in his lap. Luckily they were wrapped in plastic wrap so they did not fly everywhere. I watched the other two take a bite of theirs so I assumed it was safe to eat. I took a bite of mine and almost swooned from the taste. I had not eaten something this good since my sister had been alive. My face fell at the thought of her but I shook my head and made a desperate attempt to distract myself with the sandwich.

Masky's pov

I watched Toby take a bite and his face change from excited to sad then more of a forced excitement. I wondered what was going through his head, I wanted to help him. I sighed and looked at Hoodie, he was already watching me and shook his head. I sighed again and looked back to Toby who had looked as if he had just watched Hoodie and I's exchange. He looked confused and concerned, I cleared my throat getting Hoodies' attention and looked away from Toby. Hoodie looked directly at Toby causing the younger boy to immediately shift his gaze. The ticking boy sighed in defeat, quickly finishing his food, and left Brian and I to smoke. I put the cigarette between my lips, handing Hoodie one as well. We both had our masks up pulled up enough to expose our mouths but nothing more. Hoodie lit the match, putting it under my cigarette as well, lighting it up. I inhaled and blew out the smoke, allowing the familiar and soothing feeling consume me.

"You s-should stop. Y-You know." Toby stuttered out. I rolled my eyes and dropped the cigarette, stomping it out.

"There." I said rather annoyed before walking over to where Brian was sitting. Toby followed but sat away from the both of us. It seemed that he still didn't trust me after the incident with my condition. I growled under my mask, he wasn't supposed to see me like that. At least not at this time, I'm trying to get Toby to want to be a creepypasta, not scare him away! I groaned and shook my head, looking back at the map in Brian's lap, making sure we were going in the right direction. As soon as I confirmed the direction we were headed in, I stood up, signing that we should get going. Toby and Hoodie had already gotten themselves ready to go and we headed off through the woods. It was around noon so we still had plenty of daylight left.

Brian walked ahead, my previous knee injury slowing me down significantly. Toby slowed to my pace and walked beside me, he seemed nervous as we walked in silence. I soon got lost in my thoughts, cursing this stupid mission but it had its benefits too. I get to spend time with Toby, out of the mansion, alone with him all except for Brian. I inwardly groaned, there was no way in hell I was thinking this right now, and of Toby. I gripped my hair on my hands, physically annoyed and disgusted with myself. This is a mission, pay attention and think! Think with your head, not your dick, dumb ass! I thought, trying to clear the images and thoughts out of my head. I pulled out another cigarette and lit it, this time Toby didn't say anything. He just looked at me with a small flicker of fear and discomfort in his eye.

I ignored him but it had caught my attention in the first place. Sure, being observant makes me an exceptional proxy, but this? This was annoying, suddenly everything that Toby seemed to do, I noticed. If anything was off in the slightest, it would come to my attention, and it worried me! Why did I care so much for this boy? He wasn't special, nothing special about him, he's just another messed up teenager. We're all messed up in one way it another, but this guy, there's something about him that makes him more intriguing to me. I can't put my finger on it, and it's annoying as hell! I growled, biting my cigarette, causing me to accidentally burn my tongue. I flinched and the cigarette fell out of my mouth onto the forest floor. A small leave caught fire and I stomped it out, it didn't bother me. Toby on the other hand, seemed quite bothered by it. At even the sight of the flame he seemed like he was going to pass out.