Carousels, Cotton Candy, and Confessions

Summary: You decide to drag your "carnival-virgin" friend, Todoroki Shouto, to a fair in town during the weekend. Its all fun and games until Uraraka and Midoryia ditch you and Todoroki, leading to the two of you getting stuck at the top of a Ferris Wheel for a considerate amount of time. Let's just stay, stuff goes down 30 ft in the air. 

Author's Note: Have fun reading my descent into garbo writing, cringy /Readers, and cliche tropes. Also, I know there is no amusement style travel carnivals in Japan, but just play along, k. 

PSA: Hey, Pretty Stranger was moved to its own story.

Enjoy. <3, Ari

"YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO A CARNIVAL?!", (s/c) fingers vigorously tap the glass screen of your phone.

Three moving grey dots on the left side of the screen morph into a bubble of text.

"Is that bad?", your clueless friend replied.

"No No, Not all all"

"Carnivals are soooo much fun. There's fun rides, games, and delicious food."

Almost instantaneously, Several blue text messages appear as you hastily try to explain the basics of a fair to your carnival-deprived friend, Todoroki.

"Games?... like competitive events?" the half-half boy replies

"Ah, not really.", you place your delicate finger to your bottom lip thinking

"I've been to the USJ. Does that count?", Todoroki replied.

"Absolutely not!", you frantically texted. " Plus we got ATTACKED by villans there!"

"Oh, then I do not know what a carnival is" he texted back.

You clutch your heart as his pure misunderstanding of such a staple of childhood shot you into your chest like an arrow, unable to hold back your tears of empathy. Suddenly, a new fiery passion engulfs your body as you spring up from your bed. Grabbing onto your past emotion, your fist clenches as empathy molds into determination; determination to try to fill the carnival-less void in your friend's broken childhood. It was your duty as his friend. 

Eyes darting down to the illuminated screen, your fingers attack the glass, "Hey, when's your next free day?"

" I usually spend my free days at the hospital", grey bubbles pop up once more, "But I'm free Saturday evening"

"Perfect", you exclaim," Midoriya-kun, Uraraka, and I were planning to go to the one in town Saturday night. You should totally come with us"

"Okay" the stoic boy replies

"Nice" you tap the glowing keyboard on the glass phone screen. "We'll all meet there around 8. I'll text you the location. See ya there (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧"

"See you there as well, (y/n)-san" moving grey dots vanish from the left side of the screen.

You plop back into your bed, shifting your body to sprawl your arms out across your (f/c) sheets. You stare at the while ceiling, back pressed against the soft mattress, dreaming of all the fun events that will occur within a few days as your eyelids slowly close, queing your body to drift off into a peaceful sleep.

Time Skip

Smooth fabric brushes against your skin as you slip on a black and white striped shirt, tucking the cotton into your pink overall shorts and securing each thick strap with a light pull of two faux gold buckles. Examining your cute outfit in the mirror, you catch the glowing reflection of your digital clock. 7:50pm flashed onto the face of the clock.