Cooking Conundrums

Summary: When baking Christmas cookies for the your class, you surprisingly gain an unexpected assistant. In hind sight, Todoroki becomes more of a distraction than a helper, but nonetheless the cooking catastrophe allows you too see another side of the calm, indifferent character.

Author's Note: Sorry I haven't been posting as much, but now I just got back into the country and I'm ready to roll...back into fanfiction hell. Enjoy the update. 

<3 Ari

Gentle white crystals prickled the frosty window. Outside, the wintry wonderland juxtaposed against the neon Christmas lights that were scattered amongst the treetops and streetlamps. Blurs of couples huddled together for warmth adorned the streets, puffs of opaque clouds forming at each intimate breath. Animated vendors littered the normal peaceful neighborhood, capitalizing on the holiday season to sell whatever knick-knack they could. Colorful scarves and hats decorated various pedestrians as children excitedly ran around the pavilion, calling to their parents.

Faint melodious wisps of a songbird-like sound drifted through the hallways of the UA Dorms, eventually reaching the unsuspecting ears of a certain candy-cane character. Heterochromic orbs fluttered open to reveal softs pastels of blue and grey. Shifting his head over to the side to check the time, the bi-colored boy elongated his limps, gently stretching his stiff body under the plush blankets with a groggy groan.

Despite his strong urge to drift back into peaceful sleep, the sweet sound of a distant humming piqued his interest, the mysterious melody drawing him out of the comforts of his bed room towards the source. The icy-hot hero begrudgingly sat up, heap of dual-colored hair messily tousled about his head, rivaling the fluffy mound of a certain bushy-haired friend. Drowsy half-lidded eyes scanned the amorphous blobs of dark surroundings, searching for the source of the strange noise. After a few seconds of subconscious staring, Todoroki noticed his door open ajar, warm yellow light pouring in accompanied by the whimsical humming from before.

Sauntering through the beige hallways, the bi-colored boy inched closer to the secretive singer, musical tremors gradually amplifying. Not long afterwards a new sense was stimulated; sugary scents of vanilla and cinnamon circulated throughout the building, teasingly twirling around Todoroki's nose.

Just then, the half-half hero rounded the corner, coming face to face with the source of the sound and scent.

"...where the treetops glisten and children listen. To hear sleigh bells in the snow..."

"(Y/n)-san", the two-toned boy unintendedly uttered, astounded by his discovery.

"AH... TODOROKI-KUN!", you exclaimed, rapidly whipping around to meet your surprise visitor. In the action of jerking your body 180 degrees, you accidently released your grip on the hot baking pan that you were pulling out of the oven, causing the slate of delectable desserts to crash to the floor with an audible boom. Still frozen with fear, your face flushed various shades crimson, similar to the reds of the Christmas decorations. You could barely mutter a single word as well as move a single inch, your body flaring up in embarrassment from having one of your classmates witness your singing

"Haha, I thought everyone was out shopping...", you nervously chuckled body still rigid in its original position, like a bank robber being caught by the blinding beams of the police helicopter. A bead of sweat swept down the side of your face as you attempted to casually converse with the stoic student.

"I already bought my gifts last weekend, so I went to sleep instead", Todoroki casually responded, cool, indifferent features contrasting against your hodgepodge of racing emotions.