Blind Man-date Part 2

A continuation from Blind Man-date 

Summary: As a surprise advanced-birthday gift, your animated associate, Ashido Mina, reluctantly, sets you up on a blind date at a nice restaurant. Lo and behold, your mystery man is your class' registered cool headed pretty-boy, Todoroki Shouto. Watch as an unexpected evening shifts from awkward and agitated to a shojo daydream.

Author's Note: Props to John Mulaney for the Salt and Pepper Diner  Bit. If you don't know  John Mulaney is a talented American stand-up comedian famous for writing scripts for Saturday Night Live and other of his stand-up performances, like New In Town and Kid Gorgeous. If you haven't heard/watched him perform, you should do it. He's a pretty funny guy, but  s p o i l e r , not enough to make Todoroki laugh.  Enjoy the chapter 

PSA: Hey, Pretty Stranger was moved to its own story. 

 <3 Ari

"I can't believe I just did that", you dejectedly grumbled, burying your fuschia face into your hands as your slowly slid down the chair, wishing to just melt into a puddle of nothing.

The scene replayed in your head

Flashback 2 minutes

"Tonight, I'm going to make you laugh for real!", you boldly declared to your astonished date, standing tall in your (f/c) dress and heels, your grin brimming with confidence and determination.

Todoroki's face thawed from one of surprise to a mellow smile, looking up at the daring girl at the start of her new quest.

"I'll be looking forward to it.", he pleasantly responded.

Flashforward 2 minutes

"It's okay, (l/n)-san", the bi-colored boy reassured your flustered facade, "You had a good intention".

His pleasant smile bolstered your confidence to at least get you sitting properly in the chair, but you still used the menu to hide your face from the concerned whispers and stares of other diners who witnessed your sudden outburst.

As the waiter took the table's orders, you and Tordoroki bobbed in and out of small conversation; mostly about class, hero training, spirit animals: basic stuff.

" "It's not unusual" fades out...
it's dead quiet...
"BWaAaAh BwOa"
"WHAT's NEW PUSSYCAT?!?"
people went insane!
No one could handle it!
And they were surrounded by
This like seemingly different staff
That was just like
"Yep same crap as always"
My ONLY wish is that one of the SCHIZOPHRENICS
Stood up and have been like
"Now YOU know"
"Now YOU know what it is like to live in my brain"
They unplugged the jukebox
after ELEVEN plays
And THAT was the best meal i've ever had" "

You leaned back in your chair wiping the tear from your eyes as you fought the urge to continue laughing at the story you were telling, so you could actually tell it. But, instead of a laughing Todoroki, you were met with familiar red and white brows furrowed in confusion and, frankly, concern about your mental wellbeing. You chuckled nervously to try to smooth out the awkward silence.

"I don't understand", the half-half hero finally spoke, "why would you play the same song over and over again?"

"Because it's funny", you anxiously replied through a fake smile, a bead of sweat dripping from your temple to the jawline.

After more awkward silence and looks of confusion, you sighed in defeat, relinquishing your happy-go-lucky aura. "Sooo..., no John Mulaney"

Hours seemed to pass by as the two of you waited for your food, but that presuming awkwardness soon faded away as your icebreaker topics shifted to more casual, friendly conversation, making your realize how little you actually know about your new icy-hot friend.