The Mysterious Man Part 3

<Next morning>

We started spreading out into the formation and I looked over towards Captain Erwin's group and I saw that he was looking back at me. He nodded with a smile and I did the same back at him. I looked back forward as we were moving farther away. He was in the middle of the second row. Soon after that, I saw a green flare coming from his squad pointing to the left.

"Green flare confirmed," I said.

"Melissa fire it." She said. I nodded and I chose a green flare and I shot it in the air in the left direction.

A few hours later I started having a bad feeling in my gut. I looked up at the sky ahead of us and saw gray clouds started to appear. It started getting closer to the group and Zoie road up next to me.

"Melissa what is that supposed to mean?" she asked looking at me. I looked back at her and she looked scared.

"Squad Leader? Those are storm clouds if it rains our flares won't work!" I yelled and she ignored me.

"Squad Leader?!" Zoie asked.

"Keep your guard up! This doesn't look good!" She yelled back at us.

I felt a raindrop hit my hand and not soon after that, it started pouring. It was getting hard to see and hear. I looked to see if Zoie was still on my right and she was still there. I heard a flare go off towards Erwin's Squad but I couldn't see it. I looked back at my squad leader and I could just barely see her. I looked up at the sky and I let the rain fall on my face as I thought of that last moment I saw Erwin.

"Please be alright," I said to myself.

"RRRRRRAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!" I heard some loud noise off into the distance. The next thing I knew something hit me like a wall of bricks and I went flying off my horse. I rolled and when I finally stopped my face was in the mud.

"MELISSA!" Zoie yelled and I quickly flipped my body around to see what it was. What a saw was a Titan that looked very similar to my stepmother. I couldn't move as I stared at it in horror as the terrible memories of her and her kids abusing me and using me as their doll flashed in front of my eyes. The titan got down on its hands and charged at me.

"MELISSA RUN!" Zoie yelled. Right when it was about to got me in its mouth I rolled over to out of the way.

"Zoie! What's going-" I heard my squid leader yell as she ran up next to her with the two other guys in our group.

I jumped up and it charged at me again as I came up with an Idea.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" I yelled as a ran out of its reach.

"NOT WITHOUT YOU! MELISSA!" Zoie yelled as she started crying.

"I'LL DISTRACT IT! NOW GET OUT OF HERE!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"Come on you heard her! Let's go!" My Squad Leader order after hesitating. They all looked worried but nodded. My Squad Leader nodded at me and I nodded back. I took off running behind the Titan then I stopped dead in my tracks causing me to slid in the mud but I caught my balance.

"HEY! YOU UGLY PIECE OF SHIT!" I screamed at the Titan. It turned it's head to look at me. I saw at the corner of my eyes my team running away as Zoie looked back with tears in her eyes.

I grabbed my swords and I shot it in the face with my 3d Maneuvering Device. I flew towards its face and I kicked it between the eyes making me fly back up into the air. I shot the back of its neck and I spun as I fell down and sliced the nape. It fell forward as I jumped off it and whistled for my horse. Silver came running back and I hoped on his saddle. I tried looking around for the squad but it was getting hard to see. The fog was so thick that I couldn't see two feet in front of me. I couldn't figure out where I should go or which way was which so I went with my gut as I pulled my hood up and started riding in the direction my gut said I should go.