Zoie

<Zoie Point of view>

We had just gotten done with training for the day and I just got out of the shower. I walked over to my bunk wearing my white dress shirt with a tan vest over it and my white skirt. I had simple black flats and I was brushing my hair into a low ponytail. I looked around the room and I couldn't find Melissa.

"Karie? Have you seen Melissa?" I asked as she walked past me. She had shoulder length light brown hair and green eyes. She stopped and looked at me.

"She walked outside a little while ago, but I don't know where she went." She said politely then walked away.

I decided to go find her and I walked outside. It was a little windy out today but other than that the weather was perfect. I walked towards the training area and she wasn't there. I turned around as I wondered where she was and I saw the instructor walk up to me. I saluted him when he stopped in front of me.

"Are you looking for something?" He asked.

"Yes, Sir. I'm looking for Melissa." I answered. He turned around and pointed with his thump to the hill nearby as he walked away.

The hill was grassy and had a few dandelions and daisies in it. I walked to the top of the hill and I saw Melissa lying down in the grass. She had her head resting on her right arm as she was holding a white daisy in her left hand as she examined it while she looked a little lost in thought.

'You are one interesting person Melissa, I wonder what you're always thinking about' I thought. I walked down a few feet next to her and I sat down. She hadn't noticed me as I watched her. She was a beautiful girl and I bet she had a great personality too. She was always so quiet and shy she keeps everything to herself. I looked at the horizon to see the sun about to set. I want to try and be friends with her because she didn't have any friends here. I heard her sigh and I looked back at her.

"Erwin..." She mumbled to herself.

"What you thinking about?" I asked with a smile. I surprised her and she quickly looked over at me.

"How long have you been there?!" She asked surprised.

"Not too long... Who's Erwin?" I asked her and she looked up at the sky as she lowered her arm down.

"He is someone I know..." She said. I could tell she was thinking about him.

"Is he your boyfriend?" I asked with a cheerful tone.

"What?! No!... He is just... he's family." She freaked out as she looked at me then away again. I laughed a little at her reaction.

"Alright! Calm down, I was joking." I said.

"What are you doing out here?" She asked.

"I was looking for you."

"Why would you be looking for me?" She said as she looked back at me for an answer.

"No particular reason," I said with a smile and I looked back at the horizon. She raised an eyebrow at me then looked back up at the sky.

"Why did you join the cadet training?" She asked. I started thinking about how my little brother wanted to join the Scout Regimen.

"I did it for my brother," I said with a sad tone to my voice.

"Your brother?"

"Yes. He wanted to join the Scout Regimen when he got older but he fell ill and passed away." She said.

"I'm sorry. I lost my mother when I was eight years old..." She said and I looked back at her. It started to get dark and the dinner bell rang.

"We should head back," I said as I stood up. She jumped up and walked behind me as we made our way to the dining hall.