Rescue Mission - Part 1

I kept my eye focused ahead of me as I rode behind Erwin. Eren's friends were anxious to save them as we drawn closer to the woods. I was surprised we haven't seen any Titans, but they are probably somewhere up ahead. I saw a dot and as we got closer I could tell what it was.

"Commander! I can see the forest up a head."

"Can you see anything else?" He asked. I looked closer and I saw a Titan in our same direction.

"A Titan is running towards it... Wait I see more... it's like, they're after something!"

"That must be them!" Elizabeth yelled from behind me.

We signaled a flare as we got closer and there was a lot more Titans then I thought. Out of nowhere the sound of lighting cracked in the sky with a green light glowing in the forest. The last time I saw that was when Eren transformed into a Titan back in the Stohess District. The Titans noticed us and started in our direction.

"We can assume it's the light from Titan transformation!" Erwin said.

"Did we make it in time?" Armin asked.

"Everyone split up! Find Eren and take him back! " Erwin Ordered. I did what he said and I pulled the reins of my horse in a different direction as I dodged a Titan that jumped in front of me and went face first into the ground.

"We can assume that the enemies have already transformed into Titans!" He yelled and someone screamed as they got picked up by one of the Titans then thrown in it's mouth. I was about to turn around to go save him but Erwin yelled.

"Battle is not the Priority! No matter what, retrieval must be prioritized!"

Memories of my second expedition kept replaying in my head with the smiles of my friends who have fallen. I spotted Fishers group as I Titan swiped at him. I didn't care what Erwin ordered as Eren's friends flew into the forest to save him. I put my feet up on my horse and When I got closer I shot the hook into the back of the Titan's ankle as another tried grabbing Fisher but he ducked. I flew between its legs as I cut them and I flew around another as I sliced his whole body up, killing it. I flew up in the air and shot my hook in the back of the other's neck and quickly spun down and cutting its neck.

I jumped off the Titan and I rolled on the ground as I turned around. Fisher looked at me in amazed at what happened but his eyes were filled with fear. I stood up as Erwin yelled orders behind me.

"All Squads just go ahead and let the Titans follow you!"

"What?!" I said to myself as I looked over my shoulder at him surprised.

"Come with me!"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing but I faced forward as my horse rode up to me. I jumped on it as he continued to run forward with fisher behind me. I forced my horse to go faster so I can catch up with Erwin.

"Erwin! You monster! Are you planning to use us as decoys again?" A Military Police member yelled as he shook in fear.

"The Military Police is fighting admirably! Fulfill your duties as soldiers! The 'Armored' Titan is trying to escape with Eren! He must be stopped, no matter what!" Erwin answered as I rode up to his side. He looked more determined than ever and didn't notice me until I yelled at him.

"Have you gone mad?!" I yelled with a worried look on my face.

"It's the only way to get them back." He said as he looked forward.

"You're going to get us all killed!" I said.

I sighed as he ignored thee question. A few Titans went after Elizabeth and Jean as they were trying to get off the Armored Titan. I jumped off the horse as attached my grappling hooks into one of the Titans neck. I flew up above them as I spun around from killing them. I winced in pain as a pain shot through my arm.

"All units Disperse! Pull away from the Titans!" Erwin ordered as Elizabeth notice my pain.

"Captain?!" She yelled and Jean looked up to see what was wrong.

"What are you staring at?! Do what he says!" I ordered and they both nodded. I landed on my horse and I turned him around as I looked at the Armored Titan. The Titan that were chasing us were attacking him now. After we got a good distance away Elizabeth and Jean stopped and turned around to look at their friends.

"What is this?!" She asked terrified.

"Is this Hell?" Jean asked as I rode in between them.

"No..." Erwin said as he slowly rode past me.

"This is just the beginning! All units! Charge!" He yelled as he lifted his sword and made his horse run faster.

"Wha?!" Connie exclaimed as we all looked at him surprised and scared.

"The fate of Mankind's existence will be decided by this moment! Without Eren, the future where mankind can inhabit this earth will never come! Will take Eren back and return at once!" He shouted as he stood up on his horse and saluted.

"Put your hearts to the task!" He shouted then sat back down and charged. The scouting Legon cheered and followed him as I didn't move. My face went from a surprised look to a determined one as I rode after them.

I Heard Erwin yelling orders but then he stopped suddenly. It felt as everything slowed down around me as I looked over my shoulder to see what happened. Erwin's right arm was in a Titans mouth as it ran in the opposite direction.

"ERWIN!" I screamed.

"Advance! Eren's right before your eyes! ADVANCE!" Erwin ordered as I went to turn my horse around. He looked directly at me with a face saying 'don't you try and save me'. Tears started forming in my eyes from the fear of losing him. But I saw a few men attacking it as I faced forward. I wiped my tears away and I continued advancing forward.

I put my feet on top of my horse as I got closer and I shot one of my hooks into the back of the Armoured Titans leg. I flew around his neck slicing through the Titans as I protected Eren's friends. I was covered in Titan blood and my arm was getting worse. It felt like I was spinning forever and all I could hear were the screams of people dying and Titans trying to eat people.

"You sons of Bitches! I swear I will exterminate you all!' Berthold screamed Then he charged at Armin. I turned around and started flying towards him but a Titan jumped at me with his mouth open. I quickly flipped forward making my body move faster as he bite my cloak. I heard my cloak rip then my body hit against the Armored Titan's armour. I looked around in a daze as I saw Erwin slicing Berthold across his chest cutting the rope that held Eren to him.

Mikasa flew under him and caught eren as he fell. Erwin started falling of the Titan's hand and I flew over and caught him. I realized that his right arm was missing as we flew down to our horses. I helped him onto his then I ran over to mine as I put my blades away.

"All units pull back!" He ordered as I jumped on my horse.

We all quickly rode away from the Titans while they were distracted. One was thrown across the field and landed in front of us. I suddenly pulled on the reins of my horse making him stop before he ran into it.

"He's tossing Titans at us!"

I quickly turned around to see a another Titan land by a group of people. I froze as I looked around at the dead men and horses laying on the ground and people getting eaten. My eyes started tearing up as I held them back and I couldn't find Fisher anywhere.

'Is this the end?' I thought.

"Captain! Watch out!" Elizabeth screamed at the top of her lungs. I quickly looked up and almost screamed but it was to late.