7. Bite • namgi

Namjoon has always seemed a little out of reach.

He's always physically close by, long fingers swiping down Yoongi's arm softly, hand resting on his back with a comforting assurance. Always there when he's needed.

But something mysterious about him, something keen and giving yet ultimately unreachable.

They've never had The Talk, and the few times Yoongi has danced around the subject delicately, he gets a head tilt and a gentle smile in return.

"I just want to make you happy, that's all."

Is that so?

Yoongi frowns, dragging his eyes across Namjoon's sleeping profile next to him in bed, taking notes of the relaxed brows, the plush lips that are a little parted, the faintest hint of a dimple near the corner of his mouth...

He gulps, pushing away the strange sensation twisting in his stomach.

Yoongi is very much in control of his life. The routines, the finessing of details at work, down to the carefully curated list of few friends kept at a safe distance from his heart, he's created a cozy little bubble to exist in. So it confuses him recently, on a perfectly lonely Saturday night, when he suddenly craves the deep honeyed voice calling out to him, as the set of strong arms would envelop him from behind, swallowing him whole in warmth.

Baby.

Yoongi's skin tingles at the memory of the word, uttered countless times last night in the dark. He curls his toes under the blanket and finds himself leaning towards the sleeping figure, gravitating.

He sighs and turns away instead.

Frigging ridiculous.

His eyelids droop yet mind stays irritatingly awake. It's too early for Sunday morning. People sleep in, right? He stops himself from shifting, trying hard not to disturb.

"Thinking about work again?" Yoongi stiffens at the words from behind, but a hand lands on his back gingerly, drawing comforting lines down his spine over his ripped tee, as his eyes flutter closed to the touch.

It's maddening how much he likes it, the soft touches, never intruding, never asking for more, but just enough heat to warm up his skin, to scratch at his heart, unravelling it just a tad.

He grumbles, and hears Namjoon's familiar chuckle, laced with drowsiness, "You should really sleep more."

"I always wake up at the same time in the morning, can't help it."

The stroking continues, and Yoongi catches himself leaning into it and rolls around abruptly, stopping it all, "You're still here."

"Was I supposed to leave?"

"Well I never asked you to come in the first place." His voice comes out icier than he expected, drawing a tinge of regret.

"You didn't ask, but you texted me at 2 in the morning, I'd say that's an invitation."

His cheeks flush but he tries to sound unaffected, "Well I was drunk."

"You opened the wine after I came and had two sips before dumping the glass out because of the white rug. You were not drunk."

An eye roll, "fuck you make me sound so boring and old."

"That you are definitely not, kitten."

Yoongi grimaces at the nickname and tried to snap back, but only a hollow little gasp comes out, for he remembers the way Namjoon called him that in the dark, as his hands dug into his hips, pressed them down with authority.