Rainy Day

I remember one day... around September 2004...

It was a sunny day, and that day was a different one.

We lived in the countryside.

Our family is Asian, so... we were the only Asians in all that area.

The important thing was.... it was a sunny day. But what really made it special was a visit.

Our friend from other district was visiting us.

Me and my brother only had this friend during those childhood days. The truth is we did go to some school, had some friends, but because we were the first generation born here and our parents being inmigrants... the only friend/s that came to our house and played with us... was that friend living thaaaaat far away.

I remember we played the whole afternoon, hide and seek, lego, watched tv, pretended to be some heroe with different superpowers and saved the world, danced and sang.... we were having so much fun when auntie came (in Asia we call our friend's parents auntie and uncle) and said: "We're leaving in one hour, don't play anything that lasts too much" (well, let's say that the previous time we tried to convinced them to stay longer by playing some game that endured too much time xD)

When we heard that.... the three of us felt sooooo sad... we were having such a great time...

So the three of us sat down in the living room and started our "mission creating" time. We thought about many ideas, but they weren't really good... but somehow, the idea of "a rainy day may make them all stay the night" became the best plan.

We took a broom for each of us... went to the garden... and started dancing in circle while singing the rainy day song (the lyrics were something like "please rain, please rain, all birds are at their houses, so just rain, no worries for thouse birds")

But you know what?

It really rained!!! The three of us ran back inside and started to jump of happiness xD

We were really really happy that it did rain :D

And then auntie came and said: "Because it's raining, we are...."

"Staying the whole night!!!!" we shouted.

But auntie said: "Nope, we're leaving right now before it worses."

The second we heard that our happy little faces turned into a frown... not only did it rain, not only are they leaving, but they are leaving half an hour earlier!!!

Our plan failed really really badly...

Me and my brother stood by our house's door... looking how our friend left...

-
-
-

Now that I think about it.... We looked crazy.... why the hell would we dance in the middle of the garden with brooms?

I'm really sorry for my mom and auntie, they must have thought that there was no cure for us xD

PS: at the end, it was the worst plan we ever had