Falling

I remember being at a birthday party... about ten years ago.

At that time, computers started being used around the society.

I don't remember how things exactly happened, but I remember that every single child was gathered around and played all with the computer. Ten kids and one computer, we were just literally pushing each other to be the one on the computer (like the one using the mouse hahaha)

We were playing a game altogether.

Those games where you click and go to different places and you find clues. The more you play, the more you know about the background story.

It was a horror game.

It was about someone being trapped at some enchanted house where many people died, but their souls were still there.

I was one of the biggest's kids, so it was easy for me to be near the computer and being near was a huge advantage to see what's going on in that game.

I remember how we were all shouting to the one holding the mouse to tell her to click there and there and she would do it, but at the same time we would close our eyes and hear her reaction to know if it's safe or not to look at it.

Until some point in the game, we were all looking carefully and then a head falls in the game. It just fell in front of us and showed the face with every detail.

(I'm kinda happy it was just a game)

The thing is, all of us but I mean ALL OF US were freaked out. Some of them ran, some shouted out, some cried, some hugged each other and there was me: standing there still looking.

After all the disaster and everyone calming down, they started to ask me if I was afraid or not. I told them: "Well, as you can see, I'm not afraid."

They were all like "You are so brave!" or "Wooow how did you do that??" or "You are just insane"

What I never ever told them is that I was totally freaked out when that head fell. But totally freaked out. So freaked out I couldn't move and I was totally in panic.

And that night (and the following 4 or 5 days) I couldn't sleep. Whenever I slept I would have a nightmare about that game and wake up all scared.

But my friends will never know this. 😂😂