annoyed (p.parker) [infatuated pt.2]

requested by: me

summary: a continuation of the last imagine, you and peter explain why you are so annoyed by each other. but a sudden reveal changes everything. this summary is confusing, but if you read you'll get it ;)

written in: third person (y/n, her)

Peter Parker was annoyed. The type of blazing fire truck red annoyance one only saw when truly peeved. What bothered him the most is that the source of his annoyance did not truly know how much she was annoying him.

It was Aphrodite. Or at least that is what Spider-Man called her. Who did she think she was? She just came one night, embarrassed him, wrangled up his bad guys, and wanted to be partners. Spider-Man did not need a partner. He was an almost Avenger.

She was too nice to him. How could she be so friendly after stealing his thunder? And her costume was always pristine. She was never injured or filthy after a battle. Not to mention, even with her mask on she was gorgeous.

She was so frustratingly perfect in the way it only took her a minute to incapacitate criminals. All it took was for them to look at her and freaking fall in love. Peter wondered if he was the only one immune to her spell. It may not have been her fault, but that didn't stop it from bothering him. Why was she so damn good at everything?

           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
y/n was annoyed. The type of blazing fire truck red annoyance one only saw when truly peeved. She was annoyed at the most frustratingly perfect student in the whole world.

Peter Parker. From the first day she came  to Midtown, and they were partners, he bothered her. The way that he just watched videos on his tablet in class and always seemed aloof, yet he was able to answer any question or perform any experiment without a hitch irritated her. Not to mention, he was kind and compassionate. And a bit of a dork.

How could anyone be so perfect?

He was valedictorian, and had a reputation as the most intelligent in their class. No matter how hard y/n worked she couldn't surpass him.

School was the one thing that she had to work at and although she enjoyed a challenge, she still wanted to be the best.

Yeah, he was actually kind of cute and he seemed like a nice guy. But, y/n could not get over how infuriatingly perfect he was.

He was also one of the many that fell under her spell. She caught him gaping in the halls and ogling her during class.

Why would mister model-student want her?
Maybe if it was not the stupid curse dictating his emotions, she would give him a chance. However, as far as y/n was aware the only one who was unaffected seemed to be her web-slinging crush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is always that moment, the Big Bang in someone's life that throws their whole universe off balance and their planets out of alignment.

For y/n, it was the moment she saw a spandex-clad hero sitting on the edge of a building. She remembered it clearly; the way his feet dangled, his legs kicking back and forth like a kid on a swing set, his unaware and relaxed position, and his brown hair mussed up after being under a mask.

She froze, knowing that he wished to keep their identities a secret. But her body willed itself to be launched onto the building using the grappling hook and stand behind Spider-Man as he stared off at the Queens sunset.

Her body may have brought her up there, but her heart uttered the words that changed everything.

"Hey Peter."

The hero leaped up, and turned around abruptly. Then he just gaped at y/n with utter disbelief before regaining his senses.

"Aphrodite! What are you doing here?"

He shot webbing at his mask and yanked it to him. He began pulling it back down on his head when y/n grabbed his wrist.

She looked at him intently, "please don't. We need to talk. Without the masks."

She began to take off her own black mask, but Peter yelped, "wait! Please leave it on. If I know you, you're just another face I need to worry about saving."

"What?" y/n's hand dropped to her side.

Peter sat back down, and patted the spot next to him. This reminded y/n too much of the night she met Spider-Man, but she guessed it was fitting since that was Peter too.

"If you are someone I know, and  you get hurt in battle someday or I can't save you... I'll never forgive myself. And you obviously know me, since you said my name."

"But it's my choice. I choose to risk my life."

"Yeah, but I already care about you Aphrodite. I tried to be bothered by you, and yeah you do frustrate me a bit, but you're my friend. And teammate. And I-I care," Peter's voice broke.

"But Peter, I know you. We go to school together. And you are too young to carry all of this weight on your shoulders. We both are. But that's why I help you. And if something happened to you I would never forgive myself either, but that comes with the superhero territory."

y/n grabbed his hand, feeling a rush of adrenaline and other emotions she never felt before. Then she continued, "I just can't believe it's you. You're so much more confident as Spidey. It's really awesome. It's just so frustrating to know you really are perfect at everything." y/n giggled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"What? Im not perfect. I'm always worried I'm not good enough. Not good enough at school, at being a superhero, at being a nephew, at being a friend. You're perfect. I don't know who you are as a civilian but as Aphrodite you always get the bad guy. Plus if every guy falls in love with you, how are you not perfect? That is what frustrates me about you."

"Are you kidding? I was bothered by you at school because everyone knows you're the smartest. Plus, I want someone to actually love me, not just be under my curse."

Peter reached a shaking hand towards y/n's mask. She closed her eyes and waited for him to remove it. She opened them when she heard a slight gasp from Peter.

Then he began laughing. Like so hard y/n was afraid he would burst a lung or something.

"I can't believe it's you. y/n I am in love with you."

"What? But you're immune to the curse. Oh my goodness... we liked each other this whole time. What a freaking cliché."

"Wait you liked..mmhm," Peter's question was muffled by the press of y/n's warm lips on his.

a/n: the ending is kinda trash sorry guys. hope you enjoyed it anyway.