23

"She's my girlfriend." With my firm voice, I'm sure this wouldn't end well as I say my confession to him. He gasps at me after I slipped those three words out of my mouth.

My hands clenched under the table, scared of what he'll say next. Either, he'll send me somewhere abroad away from Yongsun or accept the truth and immediately plan a wedding for the two of us. The second choice felt like happy ending but will probobly not occur since I know he does not support the lgbtq community.

"Your girlfriend?" He questions to the both of us with that confused and uncertain expression found of his old wrinkled face.

I take a glance at Yong seeing a strong and not scared nor nervous look on her face. I suddenly felt the need to look fierce and at least confident and not afraid with so much anxiety about this. I know we will somehow get through whatever will come to us, hopefully.

"Yes, sir." Yong spoke up for me for she knew that I have been quiet for a short while. I felt a soft touch on top of my clenched fist as I realized she was trying to get me to relax and calm down. It did help a little which made my confidence raise little by little.

"D-dad," My voice cracked but managed to clear my voice with a small sip of the glass of water that is in front of me. I placed the glass back on the table when finished and continued the unfinished sentence.

"I know you must be feeling angry or furious about this . . ." I interwine my long fingers to Yong's and showed him how happy and proud I am to be with my dearest Yongsun. "But I am in love with this person right here and I can't let you separate us."

I gave Yong another look and saw a smile on her red glossy lips. I smiled back feeling greater than ever after what I have said. I then look at my dad seeing nothing but a still blank expression. Now this makes me feel concerning but I hopefully wish he would be okay about this.

"I never said I'll separate you two." He finally says something after the silence he left us with.

"Then what do you mean?" I asked curious of what he meant. This gives us a hint that he's reaction would be positive and wouldn't be something that could hurt Yongsun and I.

He leans back to his chair, crosses his slim arms together and gives me that stare I really hate; it's too intimidating for me to handle. "I'm saying that . . . I'm happy for you my child." And after what he said, I felt the happiest in this world. My face lits up really happy and amused for what he said.

"I thought you'd hate us." I whispered under my breath already feeling overjoyed that I feel like crying. He gives a chuckle making me look at him and saw a tear slipped out of his eye.

"Why would I?" He smiles and leans on the table to reach out for my fallen hair and tucked it into my ear like a normal father would do to his lovable daughter. "I love you Moonbyul. I am very proud of you for coming all the way here, right where you are now. You make a really great couple. I really am happy for the both of you."

With that, I felt a tear slip out of my eye happy to hear that from my dad. I never knew he'd say that. I really thought that it will end up so bad, but I guess I was so wrong. This is a memory I would treasure and will never forget.

"Thank you dad. Thank you very much." I felt overwhelmed by his words. I can't even believe whatever he's saying is true or not. "I didn't know you would accept the two of us. I thought you hated the way my sexual preference works. I thought you hate me for the way I am."