Chapter 2

Erin's POV

The three kneel before Erza and heads down. Erza is scolding them for being reckless when Natsu and Happy suddenly shouts. 

"I'm not gonna let'em get away with it!" They shout in unison and I just smile at the scene. They really don't want to lose at them, huh. Let's see.

"By the way, Wendy's not back yet?" Erza asked. I shot a glance at her. Wendy's not back yet?

"Come to think of it..." Lucy said. 

"She's late..." Gray said and took a glance at the door.

"I'm sure she's with Charle, so I doubt she's lost..." Happy said with a hint of confidence in his tone.

"I hope so." I said then look at the veranda. I walk over there. 

"Its almost midnight." Erza said worriedly. I sigh and look up to the sky. Wendy...

I heard the door open and I turn around to see Elfman and Lisanna.

"Hey! We brought treats!" Elfman said holding a box full of sake? I don't know what's that.

"Tomorrow's the big day!" Lisanna said smiling sweetly holding a paper bag full of foods. Foods!!!

I run to Lisanna and grab the paper bag to her.

"Erin..." I heard them said in awkward. I glare at them and get a food to eat. I'm really hungry.

"Are you guys gonna watch the Grand Magic Games, too?" Natsu ask them. I didn't mind them and just continue eating. Food is life yah know!

They just talk on how to find Wendy and Charle. I didn't mind at all and just continue eating when I heard the long hand of the clock struck to 12 and church bell rings. I then sense great magic.

"Everyone in the guilds who have gathered together for the Grand Magic Games... Good morning!" A projectile voice like said.

"Outside?!" And we ran off to the veranda. I saw a pumpkin. My mouth waters at the sight. I do love pumpkins!

"What the hell is that? Its huge!" Natsu said exaggerating every word. 

"A three-dimensional image!" Lucy said shockingly.

"A pumpkin!" Happy happily said. I just look at the sight of the pumpkin. I feel my mouth waters. I want to eat that!!!

"Beginning now, we're going to take the 113 participating guilds and have an elimination to pare them down to eight!" The pumpkin said that made comeback to my senses. Elimination round?

"Elimination round?!" Gray said, surprised at the announcement.

"We didn't hear about this!" Erza said. I sweat drop at her. Of course we didn't. Its not written in the book.

Hmm... as I've heard it correctly, 113 guilds. As I remember, light guild are less than 100 so why? I place my index under my chin. Maybe because of this new rule? Its not 113 guilds; its 113 teams! Including the Fairy Tail Team B! Ha! I'm so smart!

"Every year, the number of participating guilds increases and it was pointed out that the events we're getting stale. This year, there will be only eight teams competing in the official games." He said in sing-song voice while dancing. Gross. I never want to saw pumpkin dancing again.

"The elimination rules are simple!" He said and as of cue, the ground shake and the inn is going up. 

"What is this?! The inn is transforming!" Erza asked bewildered at the happenings. How much magic they use to do this things?