Chapter 8

Note: From now on, I'll use third person point of view since I can't explain much when I use their own point of view. I'll also edit the chapters before this after I finish the book. If ever I don't get lazy and all, which is impossible. 08/23/2020

With Lucy and Yukino||

Lucy holds the bars of the jail as she thoughts of what happened recently. "I didn't think it could end up this way..." She said while tightening her grip to the bars. Being a celestial spirit mage is always a life and death to her.

"I really attract... bad luck." Yukino mutter as Lucy turn to see how dejected the former is. "What are you saying? If you have time to be depressed, you should use it to think about a way to escape." Lucy said while grinning as Yukino look at her with uncertain emotions.

"Once we escape, we must get back our keys." Lucy said as she tries again to think on how to escape but alas, she couldn't think of anything. "I'm really sorry." Yukino said as Lucy smiles brightly once again at her.

"It's not your fault. We were just involved in this strife of the kingdom, that's it." Lucy said as she gaze outside of the jail. "In the end, it's all about whether this eclipse project should be executed or not, right? To be honest, I actually don't know what is right."

" It should be... executed. " Lucy look at the determined face of Yukino and didn't know what to say at that. "I used to have an older sister. Her name was Sorano. Whatever I did, I was always clumsy and made my parents angry. But she always defended me."

Yukino lower her eyes as she remember the times when her older sister protects her. "But one day a sect of blind believers of Zeref killed our parents and took away my sister. I was barely able to escape and save my life." She said as her head lower a bit reminiscing the day her sister was taken away. 

"I don't even know whether my sister is alive or not. With the eclipse project we can defeat Zeref. If he is gone, my sister would... "

Lucy look at her with sympathy as she gazes downwards. 'Maybe she wouldn't be taken away. But... the world might not necessarily change in a way that pleases us. That's the danger of changing the history the minister was talking about.'

Lucy continue contemplating as she gazes upward with a determined yet confused expression. 'Is it really possible to change the past?'

||=||

The resounding boom of the fireworks echoing together with the cheers of excitement from the audiences as the final of Grand Magic Games. "At last!!! AT LAST IT'S HERE!!! The last day of the Grand Magic Games, the wizard's passionate festival!!!"

"No matter whether you're happy or sad, today the winner guild will be decided!!! Today's reporter will be me, Chapati... and the commentator will be Yajima-san, ex-member of the council.  And the special guest is  Mato-kun, official mascot of the Grand Magic Games!!!"

The cheers of the people was getting louder as they wave the guild's logo. "And now, it's time for the team to enter. Currently 6th place, will they be able to make a comeback? The hound dog, renamed the puppy, QUATRO PUPPY!!!"

"Next, BLUE PEGASUS!!" "LAMIA SCALE!!!" MERMAID HEEL!!!"

With the cheers of the people, the representative of the guilds walk onto the center of the arena. "And the current #2, will they have to capitulate?! Or will they be able to get back their title?! SABERTOOTH!!!"

They all cheer but the murmurs of the other people also resounds when the three emcees pointed out something. "Oh? They look somehow different?" Chapati said as they saw how quiet they've become while Sting look determined yet stiff.